The Chopin Touch - Jean-Yves Thibaudet

Speaking about documenraries that are not on Youtube - I was wathich long time ago fantastic documentary about Philharmonia Orchestra. Does anyone maybe have it?

Nope, maybe their Facebook page?

Hereā€™s a concert I liked - 100 years of Cinema film music.
Thereā€™s a LOT of catchy stuff and some tunes I didnā€™t even know were film titles. The setting is probably the most amazing thing though.
I think the orchestra plays the swing numbers the best surprisingly.

Speaking of cinematic film. Michel Legrand just passed away (yesterday or the day before).

Hereā€™s Berlin Phil NYE Concert 98 with Abbado.
Mozart, Verdi, Rossini

Robert Levin and Christopher Hogwood play Mozart 25. Remember not particularly liking it but might be worth a watch for the full improv cadenza and the continuo playing through the tuttis.

Hereā€™s a Brahms doco I taped ages ago. Missing a minute or so off the end, tape ran out.

Where did you record these off? Did you get any performances?

There was an Andsnes documentary that I missed taping, but which was only shown once. I ended up getting it from cvx_melody but in pretty shitty quality. I think it was called Ā« the sound of magic Ā» or something like that. I would like to see that again.

ABC.
I remember that one but I donā€™t think I recorded it.
I vaguely remember something I had which had a clip of da Gav and Ash playing the Rite, complaining it was hard. Might be an Ash doco come to think of it.