The Official Fatty Tranny Request Thread

I wouldn’t even know how. also is me just trying weird shit while I watch tv.

Had that crap pressing in the tray so used that.

Check this tho. it’s better indeed.

whoops used wrong file posting after chow

1 Like

The pressing errors coming through in near holographic detail! :sunglasses:

https://youtu.be/bgxy8MD3xNs

1 Like

That pretty much raw aside from declick. Will work on some things whilst rattling around house and repost.

I’m stopped comparing recs and listening to pianists aside from Tatum… but I recall that 1942 Horowitz rec was stressed, insane and raped hard.

Interesting! That Prok 6 (I don’t consider that piece to be any sort of music) from that day would have been fun to hear once

Visually this must’ve looked cool to see Ho play.

1 Like

Yeah

Surveying the old transfers on new studio monitors. I hate to say it, but about to abandon the year plus long laser turntable experiments and go back to the physical playback techniques that produced these much better sounding results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2izaLisIeY

Bro I’m def buying these shits so da Trumomma can enjoy playbacks of my next album as we pick takes

I c.

1 Like

Heh heh she’s usually pretty nice and I only get 2 or 3 beatings during each playback session

2 Likes

The fatty discover somebody else on internet using scott wurcer’s paper on brute forcing biquad for RIAA and other curves. In course of reviewing what they learned I learned two things. One, FIRs just aint gonna emulate the circuit right no matter what the block sizes are etc. (I was also experimenting with convolving impulse reponses and leaning on oversampling) second, was I had a syntax error for my LISP inputs into the nyquist prompt.

So here is 96khz RIAA in a two part filter at rougly unity gain in the right syntax. Will test in a minute.

(setf track (biquad-m track 1 .96380385 .22070329 1 -.24971165 -.38331764))
(biquad-m track 1 -.29488802 -.60097732 1 -.35180144 -.63747825)

Italics mean there is two asterisks on either side but the form auto messes up.

Works great!

Going to reconstruct the RCA 1940s curve which has a weird 800 turnover and AES treble characterics

This will be cool. Possibly best ever sounding RCA 1940 stuffs? Going with modded laser turntable and czerny variations disc I know pretty well.

Woh…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAnKjKVO-Xw

I have a GREAT idea for monophonic noise reduction.

I think its a way around the null to mono right side left side summed divide by two problem that basically trades noise between each groove side. I think I can throw out non shared info rather average across it. If so would fix a lot of the vertical plane junk I’m getting on the laser turn table.

Hmmmmm

Dang the mid side plugin works just like the manual way where you reverse polarity and sum….

Thought it had some magical power not to blend reversed polarity but no…

I hath recieved my in ear microphones and will start measuring what my ear does to my headphones today. I got REW but want to keep it simple (no way to be super accurate doing this IMHO) so am going to run pink noise while I look at a real time monitor and tweak EQ settings until things look sort of OK. Anything beyond that kinda wasted effort. Will report if things become so realistic I can reach out and touch horowtiz’ temple mole.

1 Like

Here is my in ear mic playing pink noise. I very slightly adjusted fit of headphones and and you can see the freq response shift what looks like a bunch in high freq. Things also looking not too inconsistent from ear to ear. Everything above 5k not super localized so will leave as is.

Trimmed up the knocks and putting on things before putting together a freq response. Not sure I’ll mess with bass below 100. Most of that likely just my human body doing things.

Will try overkill first…

Sounds terrible will just isoliate a few resonant peaks and blunt using EQ;…

Wow it does sound a little better when I put values into para eq in jriver but not perfect. Will redo with curves for each ear separately.

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK this actually sounds better. I’m going to have to fuck with this throughout the week.

1 Like