The piece of a Lifetime

D960 gives moi ptsd.
My ex used to keep me on da phone and force moi to hear her prax dat mofo aftah I ran home from da dorm at last, to get some precious prax in.

But no. Turn on facetime and listen to her D960
Fuck

Da Ho’s D960 was slaughtered by some purist critics, but I love it.
As valid as Arrau, Kempff or Richter IMO

D960 live can be a boring and exhausting experience live, but it all depends WHO plays it. I’ll never forget Kocsis for example.

Was it that one which was criticised or rather the 1953 live performance?
I know that Thomson got at him for the latter, and I can sort of understand why, even though I personally like it and think he played fantastically in that recital. The DG one from the 80s (?) was a rejected take iirc. Incidentally, speaking of his Silver jubilee. He played it in the first half, which is where I think it belongs. Ranki played it in the second half the other night, and Volodos will next week. I just feel sorry in advance for my poor friend who will have to sit through a D960 second half from the first row. Incidentally, for those who can read Italian, Volodos talks about the programme in this interview. He mentions that in his view D960 must be played in the second half for dramaturgical reasons. Obviously, I don’t agree.

There is also an unedited 1953 perf which was published recently

Yes, you’re right this is a much later recording that was rejected, I think by da Ho himself. I remember I uploaded an earlier D960, a live Carnegie Hall recording, but it was taken down (copyright strike).
Some people argue that Horowitz had ‘less affinity’ with Schubert but I also disagree. There are so many musical ideas and colours in it, but it’s never ‘over the top’.
These last sonatas of Schubert have now reached a sort of ‘cult status’ and I can fully understand that you get annoyed by again another top pianist programming them, whether in the first or in the second half of their program. That’s not Schubert’s fault though. :wink:

True. And I do love the piece, but fuck I don’t need to hear it in recital twice in 10 days.

Chop Preludes, Goldbug Vars and Pimpzon all good choices. I’d probably go with the Chopin Preludes, simply for it’s concise, kaleidoscopic nature. I’d also considah da Brotha 111.

Maybe Wanderer Fantasy idunno

Da MEF 8)

How about da Meth 1 8)

Debussy preludes

für elise

Ziff bee 8)

AHAHAHAHAHA

da ziff bee iz bazically

how da brotha lozt hiz hearin 8)

Da zubah would pick da 10-2 8)

Haha for him, a lifetime isn’t enough :rock:

ahahahaha fuck!

da TRUMOFO perfect pazz fo a BRU klinical finizh

REZPEC both u mofoz! 8)

Holy shit

8)

Tru, da TM feels bad dissing other penizts best fuckups

Any sheeyat can happen any time when one goes on stage

Les Adieux – that arrau 60s TV version. Fuck its like he puts his finger in my souls butthole