Tonebase

2 Likes

4:53 Yes, Marc. The music is never the point in your interps.

Daiiiiiiiim :fire:

2 Likes

TM, do you see real utility in symmetrical inversion for equalization of both hands?

1 Like

Btw, I asked the Doc what he thought about Richter on Twittah and his response was approx. “I still don’t get Richter.”

Jealousy is a bitch…ain’t it, Doc?

Richter like that Vince Vaughan pizza line. Even when it’s bad it’s good.

1 Like

The fatty’s description better. :sunglasses:

Doc > Rectum

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

The pretty undebatable on peniz front but if I could see prime richter live or prime doc (which I did youngsers!) def go richter.

Tru but it dependz on rep

Doc Feinberg 3rd zon iz a betta concert den a Rectum Bach & Haydn znoozefezt :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I saw that live with doc! His eyebrows up the whole time so you know it was rough!

1 Like

yo imagine seeing Richter rape TE 8 like Suzu? one of my favorite gensui messes in music history and the best rec of it. It’s awful and great

1 Like

it’s almost Orage mofo level (by Richter standards)

same goes for the Meph 1 recs, Jesus what was he thinking… and why do I love it???

1 Like

Yeah… as douchey as anderzewski is his assessment that people responded to Ho because he pushes himself beyond his limits in live perfs was what people resonded to pretty correct. Same with richter.

1 Like

It’s funny how modern audiences would crucify you for those “sloppy” interp choices. or not care

:tractor:

1 Like

we need DUCH tonebase :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Or a Poon tonebase

Possibly twist and it all about tricycle tech

1 Like

da sequel obv being :tractor: tech

1 Like

I think prime Richter is a better peniz. Late 1940’s-Mid 1960’s Richter could play the sheeyat out of Alkan…but to what end? Doc only played that rep because nobody is interested in his Chopin, Brahms, Beethoven, etc.

Is Doc’s Alkan even that great? I mean, yes, you are amazed with the apparent ease that he tosses off insanely difficult rep…but do you actually want to listen to the music via his interp?