Unreleased Tatum coming soon

Oh fuck yes

Now up on SoundCloud

It’s cool to hear once but his trio stuff was lackluster as the other players really held him back most of the time.

Hmmm, the only Trio version of “Da Man I Luv” is in here.

Ooo sum solos in here like da “Elegy”, different den da 20+ other recs of him doing it.

Aha! Yet another version of “Lover” @ElGordito this definitely more interesting den his 1945 and 1946 version.

Glad for his recs but live where its at with this mofo.

1 Like

Yeah the live stuff is incredible but there are certain studio recs which are beyond belief, esp dose 1945 Ara recs you transferred

Yo this new release got him doing more extended passage work den usual

Part of me feel for mofos trying to follow him. The bassist just sort of give up here and there sounds like lol

Why he doing a trio? Guitarist also just mumbling in here and there. Maybe that how they work out their more memorized stuff? Still interesting tho.

Tha fuck someone playing Kazoo?

1 Like

Strangely the Tatum trio format was really lucrative, really took off by 1943

Other players really nothing to write home about and it’s mostly just Tatum soloing over their stuff

IdkTiny Grimes esp weak

Basically self taught and inexperienced when he started playing with Tatum

1 Like

nat king coles guitarist was sick as f

stylish and not annoying

King Cole a wikid singer

there like endless video footage of him an no jazz greats from aroudn then. He basically dark iturbi poss

Yeah that’s messed up

Da Dark Eyes track also way more experimental den his 1940 solo… similar to his other trio recs around 1943. Da actual tune juz meh.

Same pimp rappah 2 quote as usual.

Listening to “If” now. Great stuff.

Tatum speaking before da Humoresque solo! Oooo yes daddy

Forwarded to Connie :sunglasses:

Presumably only did one take of da Poonorisk

1 Like

Bruh. That’s a live rec but yeah, his 1930’s commercial rec of Homorisk issued after 1 take:

Poony still needs ten hours studio time to patch it retrospectively.

1 Like

Hit 2 million streams tho.

:approved:

Fuck. I wuz quite pleased one of my self-released and completely unpromoted impro album tracks got to 1k streams :dong:

Personal best

2 Likes