Upcoming Recitals?

hahaa canadian compoza da doc friendz wiz :doc:

fuck i meant berg

i vill play prok 2 with ggs orch feb 2010

awesome. record that shit. i especially wanna heat the hétu variations, and doc and gould classic.

pozz, a short program i’m going to do in june:

bach c minor toccata
crumb christmas suite
chop/god 10/6 and 10/12
TANNHAUSER OVERTURE

datz rite

fucking awesome. id so love to hear that.

ahaaha TRU tha CMINAH tocc juz an unbelievably LEGENDARY zheeyat. one of tha all tym wikidezt zheeyatz from tha era, n tru tha rezt of tha prog obviouzly approvd :whale: :pimp:

da c minah toccata is indeed legendary, and pozz overwhelming in spirit at points. i love playing it.

tannhauser has been a project over the last 10 years (seriously). i started looking at it in freshman year of undergrad and only now settled down to seriously learning it. i’m fucking looking forward to finally playing it in public having been mazz inspired by bolet’s rec. pozz, i’ll post a youtube video of it once i have it down.

For a competition next year, so not necessarily a recital, but a shitload of rep anyway:

first round Mozart K284, Bach P&F, Chopet

Second round: Debussy cathedrale engloutie, some random piece I have to choose from a list, Adams China Gates, Prokofieff third son and some other modern piece I don’t know yet, maybe Rzewski ballad (2 or 3) or some Ornstein.

Third round: Beethoven Op. 78, Scribson2 and Reminiscences de norma ( 8) )

good luck with the norma, I’d like to learn it one day.

God man,

that fucking Mozart 284 is such a fucking bitch,

still one of the most challenging pieces I’ve learned up to date…

Informal do somewhere in June.
Left hand repertoire:

Saint Saens 6 etudes
Lipatti Sonatine
Bartok Etude
Strauss-Godowsky Gypsy Baron
Sancan Caprice Romantique

Not sure about order though…

I noticed that too late lol, the development section is kinda uncomfortable, but my biggest problem now is that it’s ugly when I play it, and I have no fucking clue why.

Care to share the Sancan? I’d like to take a look at the score. And you have a technique big enough for the strauss/godowsky, that is some impressive shit there!

Tell me how to attach a file/upload something and I’ll see if I have a copy on the computer.

If its a small file, you can probably just use the Add an Attachment feature built into DaSDC forum. Otherwise, use a site like zshare.

Hopefully this works.
Sancan - Caprice Romantique For Left Hand Alone.pdf (594 KB)

Not a recital, but I’ve got a masterclass with Daniel Rivera in 2 weeks, who seems to be quite a mofo pianist from the looks of it on youtube. Playing Saint-Saens etude en forme de valzzze

This Friday:

Byrd:
Prelude
Clarifica me pater I-III
Pavan and Galliard

Hoiby:
5 Preludes op.7

Beethoven:
Sonata in F# op.78

Ravel:
GASP HARD

damn i lol’d

nice program (especially the byrd) though i’ve never heard of hoiby. what’s the music like?