Upcoming Sidney Foster 5CD on Marston

Maybe different regulations for how the monetization works, or different distribution deals/opportunities?

These vids are rarely playable for me either, but the Zadora one Mikhail linked to was.

Indeed, pozz - countries where sales are guuudā€¦ no YT. :sunglasses:
Countries where sales are poorā€¦ YT. :sunglasses: :moneybag:

1 Like

I would speculate that the content owner can specify in which countries to make the content available. That facility is certainly there for some forms of online distribution.

1 Like

Yeah, from like 6 playbacks a year.

Everyone else is typing in ā€œRamen hackā€, ā€œHow to tuckā€ and ā€œhomemade fleshlight on a budgetā€ into da YouTube search engine.

I mean seriously, how many mofos are :tm: enough to search fo Michael Von Zadora on da tube :sunglasses:

Michael von Zadora, Ignaz Friedman or even Rachmaninoff himself playing da 2nd concerto canā€™t compete with

3.2 million views btw.

No but I hate youtube for 78-rpms. Just a single track before YT wanders off to someplace else, and sometimes itā€™s even interrupted by a commercial half way through! Iā€™d rather take it from spotify then if I had used it, or simply CD/FLACs.

1 Like

I doubt streaming will be the future for small labels of classical music. Musicians and small/independent labels of pop music have been complaining that they cannot make money with Spotify streams. A report in 2015 said that Spotify on average paid per stream to rights holders lands somewhere between $0.006 and $0.0084. It is hard to imagine how many can labels like APR earn by allowing their albums to be streamed.

In my experience Spotify typically pays about $5 per 1k streams, ie $0.005 per stream.

1 Like

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2579942?hl=en

ā€œYouTube algorithmically determines the central topics in a video and then uses that information to develop collections of videos for any topic of interest. These channels donā€™t convey any editorial opinion on the part of YouTube.ā€

Notice that for example in the Michael Zadora ā€œtopicā€, they also added a video that came from my channel. Of course I took the audio from the APR release. :wink:

1 Like

Itā€™s really a bit WTF. How many tracks does an average user stream per month? 100? Whatā€™s the monthly subscription fee? $10? Unless those numbers are off the charts wrong each subscriber pays around $0.1 per stream, which in that case means a mere 5% of the earnings goes to the label.

Thereā€™s also free Spotify, which I use occasionally, and Iā€™ve not seen any drawbacks other than ads.

1 Like

There must be something wrong. If they pay $5 per 1k stream that means even a huge record company with 1M streams per month through spotify alone would earn $5k per month - from their entire catalogue! If that had been the economy behind it there wouldnā€™t be a single label on spotify, I mean itā€™s the monthly fee for a single employee and nothing else.

A big record company will have a lot lot more than 1M streams.

1 Like

Yeah, in fact, as it handily came up on my twitter recently, I was able to verify that da TURKIZH DONGAH has had 13M streams this year.

1 Like

Oh. Through Spotify alone?

Yup.

Oh, and also - the $5/1k youā€™re talking about is what the MUSICIAN is paid, isnā€™t it? Not the whole record company?

No, I imagine thatā€™s what the record company gets (and then what % of that goes to the artist will be something set out in the contract between them) Iā€™m basing my stats on my memory of what rates I get for stuff I originally self-released.

I should also add that I suspect there is variance on streams pay rate depending on how much of the stream is completed.

Anyway I just logged into my pay (lol) records and another 5c earnt for 18 streams :wink:

Letā€™s just jerk off on cam, more economically viable