what kinda 88 do you have, or play on

I LIEK KAWAI CUZ THEY ARE SO KAWAII :slight_smile:

hahahahaha

i’ve only ever played on a fazioli once and the experience has more or less convinced me that they are better than steinways. or at least, the steinways i have played on

steinway is not, as alot of people seem to think, the finest piano in the world by any means. however, it’s probably true that our ears have been conditioned to hear it as a kind of norm due to their insane commercial skillz

oh definitely. it’s probably only because they dont have the same kind of PR machine as steinway does

the fazioli i played in the austrian fucked up comp was quite sheeyat. I stick def with Yamaha and Steinway, im just super comfortable with them

I’ve heard that Fazioli action is just uncontrollably fast, is this true?

i really don’t think there is such thing as an “uncontrollably” fast action. “uncontrol” comes from being sluggish, overly heavy or light, and most of all uneven.

I don’t think so - from my experience with a Fazioli (admittedly very little) it’s more like there’s almost no tone point? And it is incredibly sensitive to every little difference in attack.

what’s a tone point?

That bumpy bit where there’s resistance you feel when you push the key slowly downwards.

ah yes. are you saying it’s impossible to silently depress keys? or simply that the action is so sensitive that every minute change in one’s touch from note to note that is normally covered up with an inferior instrument is exposed? :wink:

No, you can silently push keys down but since the mechanism (I believe) starts moving from the top of the key there’s no buffer zone where you can still get away with say, hitting a wrong note.

poz da fazioli wants u to expoze yourself

Yamaha C1 for 11 years, had to sell it last year :frowning:, now a Kawai K3

Steinway D, fantastic tone, good heavy action. Brilliant! There are also some Bechsteins and Blunthers around, maybe a Faz will come next year. I am usually on the D or the Bech.

@sponge: I envy you…Steinway D is THE trucker piano to practise on. After such a piano every other piano seems so light :slight_smile:

I havent’ ever touched a Steinway D …:frowning: