YW - The Berlin Recital

Maybe he’s deaf as well? :wink:

Haha sorry that one was cruel

Hahaha da TZUNAMI :sunglasses:

I think he was trying to ensure I was.

Did you hear her play D959 live or did she skip Munich for that programme? I still think that was the best programme I’ve heard her in. Even Islamey sounded like music.

No I didn’t, and I don’t have a good recording of the program either. After my three encounters with her in 2013, the next time she left an impression on me actually wasn’t until her Carnegie 2016 recital.

I like SF but mostly because it’s in good sound. I don’t think she played it as well as in Pleyel, though I could be misremembering how good it actually was, because that recital came as a shock to me.

I’m sure it was better, my memory of them at least is that she sounds rather off in the recs I have. My memory is ALSO however that there’s a Ginzburg with her from the Paris recital on youtube which is awesome, so I’m sure she was in better form there.

Looks like it’s the recent recital, which we already have. Not sure where they’re getting the Kapustin and Schumann-Tausig from?

Gettin zum DOC wigmore vibez from diz :sunglasses:

Oh so it IS the entire recital! Their youtube video linked to an EP with just four encores.

Great, I think this was the best of the European recitals on this tour. Looking forward to the Vertige in pro sound.

shit English on that DG promo

Based on the sample, I think the bootleg sounds better. It sounds like she actually is in the hall. But I’m confused about the encores, unless we’re missing some?

Let’s see if I get hit with any new copyright notices for the Rachmaninoff group I put on YT. :sunglasses:

Can’t imagine that. I don’t remember Herr Berlin saying anything about it, and he did capture 6 encores. She did play 7 in Brew land of course, but not 8, and still not Tausig and the Toccatina.

I think it’s a hack.

Brew, why do you believe Yuja has better scales than Volodos?

Just based on hearing them both play live. Admittedly I’ve heard Yuja more times than Volodos (who I‘ve only seen twice), but he botched some scales even in easy pieces like Schubert D960. Yuja has the best scales of any pianist I’ve ever heard live. She excels at scherzando playing in general. It’s always super clean, clear, light and even.

The new DG album is the June 1, 2018 recital. The encores have already been released in an digital EP. Those encores will not be included in the CD release.

Right. The encores can’t all be from that recital, anyway. I actually wish she would stop playing some of those. I don’t think I’ll buy this release.

Hah, the new site even saves drafts from previously visited threads. God bless.

Yeah she should change her encores, or at least which ones she plays when. She can’t tell that it’s horribly tacky and tactless to play the finale of Prok 7 there and then with the other bonbons.

I’m not racist but (damn) the Chinese pianists usually if not always appear unaware of cultural and historical import and context.