Zimerman Chopin concert

the moral thing to do is to espouse your views publicly in a formal manner, make a press release, cancel concerts in the United States. I fully support this kind of action.

the immoral thing to do is to come to the united states and collect what I’m sure is an extremely high fee from halls and promoters, then disturb what should have been a night of music making with political diatribes that i’m sure agree ideologically with 90% of the classical concertgoing public.

I dont really have a problem with him voicing his opinions either. If it upset him, then fair enough.
To be honest Id be a bit pissed off if another country started building missile bases and tourture prisons (hence the ‘hands off my country’ quote) in the UK where I live.
I think Zimermans dislike of bootlegs is more down to his being a perfetionist rather than anything about morals.
Didnt Rudy get his Rach2 meltdown video removed from youtube? Its a more extreme example, but if Zimerman is a compulsive perfectionist, then it stands to reason.
Music and polotics have always gotten mixed up all the way through history. Beethoven and Shostakovich spring to mind. Also that ordeal with Barenboim playing Wagner in Israel where some of the audience kicked off.

1. Poland made itzelf a US whore zo he zhud juz blame hiz own politicianz
  2. He livez in Switzerland cuz tiz a tax haven zo hiz “patriotizm” is tru Bullzhit imo
  3. da Zim iz a cock n hiz playin iz extremly ghey n zheeyat :chop:
  4. he made a career out of 3 programz :shrimp:

haha da succinct mart.

the prob is that politics for u i zumtin abstract

i don’t really know what you mean by that, but i guess it doesn’t matter. i feel that a real protest is not one that you receive financial compensation for making.

I like what Mart said a lot.

I know Zimerman’s piano was confiscated at JFK and destroyed due to security concerns. Anyone know what happened after that? Obviously, he would have had a good case for compensation. Instead, that incident seems to have caused him to become disgruntled and ruin his own image. He’s become a caricature of an out-of-touch, elitist, hypocrite. ‘I’m a great ambassador of Western art – I lament the moral downfall of our civilization’" This kind of behavior reflects really badly on the image of classical musicians.

stop watching Bill O’Reilly.

HAHAHA da hilite of diz thread fo zhor :whale: