broadcasts

da YW doesn’t have the grace of Yeol Eum Son, who has by far the most elegant walk of any woman in classical piano.

I have a strong preference for a dancer’s walk. From film, Rita Hayworth and Cyd Charisse come to mind. Generally speaking, I love the turned-out walk of a ballerina; they’re so light-footed, they almost seem like they’re floating.

AFAIK it’s not often you get a live Volodos concert

7th February
Concert will begin at 19:30 hours GMT

Arcadi Volodos, piano, and the Orchestra Sinfonica Nazionale della Rai conducted by Christoph Eschenbach play:

DVORÁK: Carnival Overture op. 92.

BEETHOVEN: Piano Concerto No 3 in C minor op. 37.

DVORÁK: Symphony No. 8 in G major op. 88.

Live.

https://www.worldconcerthall.com/en/schedule/dvorak_twice_and_beethoven_with_volodos_from_turin/46233/

3 Likes

Recorder programmed!

But why does it have to be RAI? That broadcasting house is a perfect storm of incompetence.

1 Like

I heard him play that one a few years ago, but I didn’t think he was well suited to it.

I got home late and would have missed it anyway, but it looks like they changed the broadcast (no Volodos).

Oh drats. :frowning: So what am I recording??

well I can’t say for sure but the details on the link above are different.

I set it to stop at 22:05 so I’ll know in a minute.

What a shame - he’s so elusive Volodos.

haha dis polite Britishism. He’s a cunt.

Would you like me to forward that next month? :slight_smile:

By all means. Insult him and then ask if I can interview him afterwards.

I don’t think we missed much. RAI3 sound is shit, and there is already a great video of this concert from Paris.

I was positively surprised they had at least changed the bitrate to 128 kbps now. Last I bothered with them I think they used 64 or something like that.

Still junk however. Awfully compressed, terribly recorded, and 128 kbps still isn’t exactly state of the art.

of Volodos’ B PC 3?

If it’s from 2015, I was at that concert. My recording fucked up, however.

I don’t remember who gave me that copy, but looks like a pirate.
Can upload in case of interest.

I have it already, if it’s the one I’m thinking about. But others might be interested to see it.

April-29-2015 is probably the same you have.

Must be the same one. I actually didn’t like how he played it, btw. I thought Andsnes did a much better job earlier that season (another recording which I fucked up).