Crouching Tiger Hidden Tech

I have DACOCD 303 but the only Serkin on it is this:

badass

That octave etude good? Remember thinking it was weird rep for him Before I learned he had the whole op 25 under hand.

Dun remembah.

I can UL if you like, but itā€™s not on harddrive so Iā€™ll have to go about the old fashion way.

Yeah, just the studies if you can. I bet serkin style Chopin could help Tru with his comp prelims too. Shake that more interesting Friedman aesthetic loose for the win ; )

Tru. Tragic

Basically a Ginzburg chop aesthetic but with a percussive :dong: tone

Like this coda. Sick, sounds like a peasant chopping wood. Not chopin but a goddamn abortion

1 Like

I really want to like Huangci because she can play piano well but somehow she usually doesnā€™t hold my attention. Her tween fury was strong thoughā€¦ think maybe another of these natural pianists that had some bad teachers.

1 Like

Great tech but horrible sound.

She had insane mechanics (I would not call it ā€œtechā€) as a kid - epic 10/2 and Feux Follets

Tech is also tone production, pedalling, etc.

But damn, when you get into true difficulties of tone production - ie pretty much any Chopin work, that non-legato bangy approach just a big no.

This chick basically a mediocre version of Yuja

2 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s fair enough. Sound production is part of tech, for sure, Iā€™m just so used to tech being used to denote some kind of digital mechanical facility that I forget myself sometimes :stuck_out_tongue:

I like her finger dex

Randomly, Chopin reveal ALL flaws in tone production

Iā€™m not a fan of :ho: ā€˜s bangy Chopin either

1 Like

I generally head to Samson Francois for da :chop:, followed by da friedrice. :zif: for da etz though, even if itā€™s not really :chop: :sunglasses:

Da TM top Chopinist:

Friedman, Moiseiwitsch, Rosenthal

Randomly not a fan of Hofmannā€™s bangy Chopin. Cortot could be nice in some thingsā€¦ but not always.

I admire da Trif for not being a bangy mofo in Chopin

1 Like

Hahah zhe iz WIKID in dat rep!

I focuz on da pozitivez

Da dizzin ov diz chick in diz thread a bit pointlezz, zhe clearly very talented in certain typez ov rep n juz dun haf da right feel (or queztionable teacher direction) in otha rep

2 Likes

Ok, I mostly jus dizlike her because dose pix of her stretching backstage in da cliburn looked idiotic.

Also, becuz I wud not mind banging her but diz chick clearly out of my league :tm:

Da MARK HAMBURGLAH randomly had an insane tech, but many of his recs are sloppy as zhit

Dayum, dat wuz wikid!

4 Likes
1 Like

Love that guy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iz dat da hizztery penizt? :smiley:

1 Like

Dayum, da voicing at 1.23!

And da sect from 2.21 :slight_smile: