Da WIM MAX ZPEED inveztigazheeyat cummah!

“Name ten famous Belgians”

… Hercule Poirot, Eddy Merckx…

Marcel Mombeek, Wim and Marc Dutroux

2 Likes

Oh, and Tintin :point_up::x:

1 Like

Hahaha da Mombeek

da MOMLEECH :smiley:

1 Like

Bit late to the party here, and I don’t want to add to da Wim’s vid views (in the same way I avoid clicking da Lebrecht page), but how does he cope with or explain double beats in triple and compound time?

1 Like

Good point. Maybe he keeps his “analyses” strictly to pieces in duple time…

1 Like

It’s the use of the metronome he questions. He thinks a beat corresponds to a full period rather than a tick. So at every beat regardless of time signature, he lets the metronome tick twice and finds that his Czerny Etudes are so much easier to play that way.

Yeah, I guess that does cover all time signatures.

So he’d have two beats for a dotted quarter in 6/8? I bet he can’t play along to a metronome like that!

3 Likes

Good point. In theory it works for all time signatures, but it won’t really work if a work in 6/8 has a metrone marking for each dotted quarter. That would defy logic (it’s not impossible but plainly stupid).

For his point to make sense, then all metronome markings in 6/8 would have to be for each dotted half note. But is that the case?

1 Like

For instance, this marking would be akward unless the point of this Chopin etude is to play a Chopin etude with your fingers and a Scriabin etude with your head …

From School of Velocity:

Clipboard01

If my maths is right, this is 14.4nps at dotted quarter=72?

Oh god, wim would have a field day with that.

If dotted crotchet (quarter) = 72, then quaver (eighth note) = 216, not 104-132.

Yes I agree. (12 x 72)/60=14,4

chuckle

Yes, I agree for the dotted crotchet =72… but the quaver metronome marking is approximately half that speed.

What does Czerny mean by the parantheses?

This is a very good question, as either they are contradictory or I am going mad.

That was a weird edition (just the first one that came to hand)

This is from the Peters Edition:

noname

That’s sort of his signum at this point. I mean I appreciate he questions and has ideas, but this is one I’d drop within seconds after I started reasoning with myself. But not da Wim mofo. :pimp: He starts a youtube channel and imposes the term historically accurate tempo on the world. In video after video after video after video!

1 Like