Prime :doc: or prime KAT? :kat:

Unquestionably :+1:

Damn, da Xā€™z DOC-defenze pretty persuasive, it almost makes me wanna change ma vote. :lib:
Perhaps I have to admit that Iā€™m not sufficiently familiar enough with da Prime DOC tech.
BUT thereā€™s a reason why I never felt the urge to listen extensively to his recordings or go to his recitals.

Da DOC a rare rep zpecializt n zhud haf remained dat

:doc: :kan: >>> :doc: :chop:

4 Likes

Da fucking male menopauze hitz da :doc: n he try to becummah a ZERIOUZ ARZTIZT.

He shud haff tried da bettah career path of writing off two Ferrariz n boning da lola. :pimp:

1 Like

Hahaha da DOC hit a criziz when he play n1 day n notice an irreverzible 2% tech decline

:fuckkk: :fuckkk::fuckkk:

den he panic n learn zum mainztream rep n try to reinvent himzelf az a ā€˜muzicianā€™

da KAT inztead ov diz juz cruize thro doin da zame zheeyat he alwayz did in zpazz mode :sunglasses:

1 Like

Da DOC exiztenzial criziz pozz cauzed by hair lozz tranzitioning his look from DOC into HOBODOC.

1 Like

Da KATā€™s gensui moment at 3:15 :dong:

7 Likes

Daim. Ok, letā€™s ask dem in REAL TYM on da FB stream on Sept 18 :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Controversial opinion, but if weā€™re talking technical beasts who played crazy tough rep, Iā€™ll take Ponti at his best over Hamelin. Iā€™ve never enjoyed supremely technical playing when thereā€™s no sense of struggle. If a piece is crazy hard, it shouldnā€™t sound like a walk in the park. Thatā€™s where Hamelin loses me.

What was it Horowitz said? ā€œPerfection itself is imperfectionā€ or something like that. I feel like that applies to Hamelin. I know Hamelin is better than Ponti ever was. But I enjoy Pontiā€™s playing more than Hamelinā€™s. Not that this should be taken as high praise of Pontiā€¦ it just means I donā€™t hold Hamelin in very high regard.

2 Likes

I kind of get this. Ponti was always balls to the wall crystal clear warts and all. Doc tends to airbrush things a bit or scale back the heroism of the writing to something more economical. Hands down a better pianist and musician still. I think this is the horoiwitz magic he rode the edge of his ability better than anyone. Is what accounts for the excitement.

3 Likes

I wish Ponti had less painful recorded sound in most of his output. Almost all the recordings I have heard from him, except the live releases, make my ears bleed. Theyā€™re that bad. Some of it is his brittle tone, but its mostly the recordings.

2 Likes

Maaannnnn all diz :doc: hate

But I vil point out da DOC ztill winning diz poll.
:dong:

2 Likes

I think thatā€™s an excellent point, without struggle, there is no tension, without tension, there is no drama.

2 Likes

da KAT haz 3 iconz :cat: :crying_cat_face: :heart_eyes_cat:

4 Likes

There is shock and awe though, and thatā€™s primarily what I feel when listening to prime DOC. :doc:

1 Like

Hahah diz wuz da hardezt poll yet :kat::girth:

Da original pic is a bettah KAT photo fo emoji usage tbh

Trimmed itā€¦

20200119_214425

da zkep vote da KAT, but da DOC zhorely haff a bettah tech (pozz except da octz) n play mo wikid rep. da zkep nevah hear a DOC perf n be lyk ā€˜dat iz da interp of a genzui,ā€™ juzt ā€˜doze are da fingahz of a genzuiā€™

1 Like

Yes. Anybody who doeznt believe in KATZ octavez teck need only be reminded of DIZ furiouz recā€¦

He alzo REALLY likez to show off hiz voicing tech and sometimez itz gensui sometimez a bit too much

2 Likes

Hahaha da KAT finds innah voices dat dun exist in chopzon 3 finale and iirc da c# min waltz.

1 Like