Alexander Zcriabin - a zumwut legendary mofo

Da actual work. Idk just can’t get into it, but then again, it might change if a record company wants me to rec it :sunglasses:

Honestly? Godo Son > Rachson 1

Diz version is nice.

How can u zay tiz nice when u dun even lyk da work? :sunglasses:

1 Like

I mean, da Perf is legit.

I can’t say I DISLIKE the work, but I’d rather bust my ass on da Godo Son den diz. But if I’m offered to rec it, I’ll say “yes daddy, would you also like me to suck your cock?”

See? I’m devoted to inclusion and diversity and am totally prepared to take on the responsibility of a college job.

I can enjoy performances of works that I might not like as actual compositions.

1 Like

Speaking of Lugy, @festinfurious doesn’t Lugansky play chess well, as well?

2 Likes

Ok, I listened to Lugy for a few minutes on Apple Muzak. Everything is in the right place…dat about it. I guess he not a studio mofo.

1 Like

Ok, the Rach Tabletudes are pretty damn good.

Oh, that’s early Lugy, before he started playing like a pussy.

2 Likes

The Rach Suites with Rudenko are pretty mofo, as well.

Yeah huge gravelly sound. He control himself in later years but to lesser effect. He doesn’t quite get to doc levels or anything with that approach so a bit weird to me. Less good than early perfs but works live a-ok.

1 Like

Just listened to his Feux Follets from 2011. Daim.

Ok, I’ll upgrade him to hit-or-miss.

1 Like

I think his best record stuff outside etude tab’s probably that really early Chopin CD where he’s overtly EMO and undisciplined. I sadly dun have it. I think it was called poor sad angel or something thoroughly ghey

1 Like

Want it?

The Poor, Sad Angel

NIce haven’t listened to this in years!

1 Like

That rings a bell.

1 Like

Fuck this 4th scherzo bring back memories. I still like it.

1 Like

I haven’t heard much by him, but always found him bland. I like his Rach duo piano disc with Rudenko. But other stuff, I dunno. I don’t recall being impressed by his Rach solo discs (the old ones that came in the Brilliant Box). Far from being explosive, I recall them being understated. But perhaps I have forgotten. And I attended a live Rach PC3 with him with the BSO that was dull.

iizc thiz or anotha verzion i think wuz tha perf which really made me apprezheey8 tha LUGY inzane zkill :lib:

pozz tha MART capz from tha ROQ az well :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Haha da zheeyat dat TRULY got me into da LUGY wuz owning diz DVD

https://youtu.be/ZbG5nWxB90Q

amazing tranz, amazing playing!!

1 Like

Yes, dat is really something.

1 Like