Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli - Happy 100th Birthday to da LEGEND

7 Likes

Any new stuff in there? This in Klingon or something #merica

1 Like

I’m still hoping to hear sum 40’s Liszt like da Polo 2 or Rappah 12 tho da Mikey not even a top 20 mofo fo moi

1 Like

my all time god

2 Likes

Holy shit do you guys who bootleg perfs see this guy’s shelves at after 17:00 in this vid??
Do you recognize those HO recs and have they all been released by now? Or maybe you guys know / know of this dude?

Yes, all those recitals are from the 70’s and 80’s and are freely circulating. Many of the recitals have also been released from official sources by SONY in their latest boxset:

Imho, the best Horowitz stuff is from the 30’s and 60’s. There really is no need to collect every last concert, as his rep really narrowed down after his 1965 return concert, alas.

2 Likes

yeah i’m less crazed about the ho bootlegs than just that living room full of stuff, I wonder how many recitals might not have seen the light of day up to this point, which are held on to by old collectors/bootleggers like that

(especially Mickey)…

1 Like

Happy birthday to da LEGENDARY mickey, who’s surprizingly seem a bit undah appreshyyeytsheyyat on diz here forum.

3 Likes

His trills have insane speed and fury. Also alternating super even shits like in tot. Case could be made for some SFz fury too but the rest dunno

2 Likes

he ain’t fast enough and most people have trouble recognizing how fukin otherwordly, sculptural, intentional, intelligent (people call Pollini an intellectual pianist, but its really Mickeys dept) his interps are, and how hard it is to actually deliver them like that in performance, hard to quantify with metronome :sunglasses:

3 Likes

He iz talked about and I think part ov da reazon he iznt dizcuzzd mo iz partly due to hiz limited rep and dere bein a mo finite rezource when it cummah to dizcuzzin him

He iz fo zhor a legend, and hiz zchool ov penizm had big influence on note perfect perfz…much to da detriment ov rizk taking interpreterz

Very few pianiztz can be dat ‘zafe’ and note perfect while ztill bein excitin and colourful, and he wuz one

4 Likes

well said, and yes, it’s a pity about his public rep…
my teacher said he’d play a shitload of things in the house he’d never play in public tho

4 Likes
2 Likes

:+1:

fatman posted this yesterday

3 Likes

:wim: :snail:

2 Likes

This has better sound! TY

1 Like

Diz iz da one piece ov muzik I actually find zcary to lizten to

It iz zo eerie, terrifying, and actually I feel irrationally zupahztitiouz about it

2 Likes

daim da comme SCRIB

2 Likes

Haha da zon6?

2 Likes

Ice cold performanze :cold_face:
But with ABM it “workz”…

2 Likes