Da moz important ALBUM(z) in yo perzonal 88 journey

I’ve heard a 1960 version, probably not from Prague. I’ve heard this one:

2 Likes

I don’t know that one, probably from another rektal same year. The Prague live rec was released on APR, I put it on da tube years back.

1 Like

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwcmVzdG8tY292ZXItaW1hZ2VzIiwia2V5IjoiODA1NTQ3MC4xLmpwZyIsImVkaXRzIjp7InJlc2l6ZSI6eyJ3aWR0aCI6OTAwfSwianBlZyI6eyJxdWFsaXR5Ijo2NX0sInRvRm9ybWF0IjoianBlZyJ9LCJ0aW1lc3RhbXAiOjE0MDE5ODI1MTh9

Yo imma post sum unreleased PERV-MUTER :mute: :eggplant: shortly

3 Likes

My upcoming second all-Liszt album

After the much acclaimed first one.

“The best classical recording ever!” - Trumomma

1 Like

“Michael, I am truly ASTONISHED at the elegance of this performance. The sound quality in the studio, too — as revealed by the video recording, is worthy of your playing.
That piano is a very fine instrument and beautifully tuned. By 5:40 The piece felt like a religious devotion — Only from about 7:30 could I smell suphur and hear flames crackling! The finalé left me stunned — mouth open and trying to gather my thoughts.

This Mephisto is perfectly paced and articulate — with great clarity and flawless execution!
It is a revelation to hear the piece played by one who does not feel it necessary pound the piano throughout.
So much more detail comes through in your exemplary touch and use of pedal.

This will be a very special release!
Thank you so much for sharing it with me”

That’s for the Meph 1 on the first album.

Hey, somebody, somewhere, enjoyed it… and that counts for something. :sunglasses:

I don’t really think classical albums are a commercial enterprise in themselves but make sense from a gig / resume builder thing. It makes sense to me.

2 Likes

That’s right, most of the time, you just won’t break even. But it’s important to have as many of them as possible, to build resume

Is it really a resumé builder if it’s not on a record label, though?

You gotta send something to festival heads. Picture of dick and latest album pretty standard.

Define record label?

This upcoming one will be on an actual record label… previous (and future) albums will go to all the digital stores directly… it literally does not matter.

(This is coming from people that I know in academia with cushy jobs)

The difference between being released on a record label vs just self-release is about

$5k

:roll_eyes:

And yeah, you sorta gotta play well enough and have the recordings be relatively high quality from a technical standpoint.

Btw festivals won’t be very responsive to you pumping yourself, you need a personal connection to the festival first or be a sellable name like Poon…

It’s all good… first things first.

And the next album will be Chopin (4 Scherzi, Barcarolle, Sonata 2) not Scriabin.

Really eager to do sum smooth Chopin at long last, not the “retro” stuff that is more prevalent now (nothing wrong with that btw).

1 Like

Yup :sunglasses: (I got it a bit cheaper, thankfully)

“advertising expenses” etc…

Tbf labels have to make money somewhere…

1 Like

Fucked up thing is you still need a label to get reviewed. And you pay to get reviewed too

1 Like

Yes, it is VERY difficult to get a review without the label affiliation.

1 Like

Which is why labels still can charge a ton of money.

It’s sort of some ultimate expression of vanity to drop like $4k on getting released and do the photos, vids + audio at your own expense (another $1.5k).

Which is why it is worth doing only once, unless you get a better offer down the line.

Until then - more self releases, and keep it digital only + vids.

Getting into the “performing arts” is cost prohibitive.

My studio charges moi $200 per hour for the multicam and audio, but I color grade the unedited massive session files and pick the takes myself.

1 Like

Record Labels: DG, Decca, Warner, Sony, Hyperion, Harmonia Mundi, Pentatone, Ondine, BIS, Chandos, Mirare

Yeah, good luck getting an offer with one of those if you’re not an A-lister. Gotta start somewhere!

Cziffra recorded on Hungaroton before he even knew that doing gensui EMI recs would be a possibility.

Plenty of record labels out there, bottom line - you’re getting your (hopefully) best work documented and building credibility.

Then one day you can pay a bigger label more money to issue you :dong:

Cziffra is Cziffra.

I’m not sure what exactly you’re arguing here… starting my session in 14 mins

:sunglasses:

I’m not saying I’m an A-lister with a career. Just a dude recording some Liszt :sunglasses:

The best probably yet to cum (Chopin album) :sunglasses:

1 Like