da SDC screameth: da GRATIEZTEZT mofo EVAH of da HOL TYM tru

there are at least 4 different (studio) recs. here they are, all marked (as in EMI and Hungaroton releases. I have not compared them…

flac link

November 4, 1954 Hungaroton Studio

November 18, 1956 Paris, Salle Wagram (same as Hungaroton?)

December 1956, Paris, Salle Wagram, unedited studio recording
take 1
take 2

OK so who wants to cap the audio from YT and do the waveform(s) comparison :smiley: :hatto:

ok, it is a completely NEW rec, da only one where da ziff misses some of da LH leapz in da first iteration of da DANZE theme (I’m not criticizing btw)

HOLY FUCK. I even forgot da Chineze Lolita fo about 2 minutes.

:approved:

this has the distinct Cziffra live rape impro sound. I wondah if more exists from diz rectal!

what whut iz da source…

or iz diz da FEZTIN in drag??

It’s certainly nothing to do with me :wink:

I can’t play this tranny btw. I keep missing lh notes everywhere :comme:

we need da rest of diz rectal!

To say the least. The only recital I’m aware of from the 1950s with Cziffra at all is Turin 59. And that one is a liiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit good.

Haha, allright you got me. It’s actually me playing.

:hatto:

mannn, I’m 94% sure this is Cziffra. Nobody quite has the slightly messy RAPED octaves gypzy vibe trademark sound as he does.

ok, I dun know what I want more now, da Friedman 1940 recital, da rest of diz, or fo da Lolita to wake up n write moi. Where da fuck iz zhe?

man… more live 50’z SOLO cziffra. Holy COCK

I’m repozting diz genzui in a zeparate topiq

I’m also at 94. No I think this is the real deal.

Exciting times.

I can see we’re in broad agreement with the voting here incidentally.

at any rate, whoever can fake a ziff rec like dat deserves a medal, if it is truly fake

But I think it is real!

am I real?

Until proven otherwise I think we’ll have to assume it’s actually me playing however. I sound about like this when I’m out of practice.

wuz diz aftah a concerto unleazh? How is dis not circulating anywhere and ends up on da tube?

Maybe it IS a very very good fake?

nah

I posted a message in da commentz sect of da vid, asking da zource and den a more polite message using my real name - asking if da rest of dis exists and HOW DA COCKSUCK he got ahold of diz GENZUI.

I chose :rectum: because he was arguably the greatest all-round, complete pianist-musician in history. Whether it’s a Bach P & F, a Mozart or Beethoven or Schubert Sonata, a Schumann piece, a Chopin Ballade, an Etude of Liszt or Rachmaninoff, an Impressionistic piece, A Scriabin piece, A Shostakovich P & F, a Prokofiev Concerto, an important chamber music work, there’s a recording of Richter, usually of a very high quality. We take that for granted but the man WAS a unique giant. Even after decades of listening historic recordings, :rectum: can still surprise me and I still discover new things.

Is this the paris 1957 source with the live bumble bee maybe?

doubtful…

I have a faint HINT ov a

BULLZ ANUZ zmell fo tiz rec 8)

Is likely too good to be true. I’ll fire up the headphone rig to see if I hear any weird shite.

Aiiight.