Favourite Hungarian Rhapzodiez (poll)

U iz ztartin to zound lyk da fuckin LEZBO

juz make zhor yo playin don’t zuffah da zame fate :sunglasses:

1 Like

Nah mofo, I dun mind an added BASS in Liszt, but rewriting da well-thought out sheeyat completely is not Liszt anymore.

My opinion on dis remained consistent tru
And I enjoy sum ZIFF additions in dat zong

Haha which iz yo fav rappah 2 caddy?

Do u think itz okay to haf a totally modern zheeyat az long az itz in da caddy pozition?

actually I think itz a zhame dere iznt mo caddiez to zlot into otha rappahz

Alzo an added poll about da rappah15:

• Da original :pimp: rappah 15 iz da bezt
  • Da HO :ho: rakoczy iz much mo wikid

0 voters

I enjoyed da Maltempo caddy

Diz mofo not even advancing to da pimp comp round 2 in 2011 once again shows how they comp has becum MEH in recent years

1 Like

17 and 18 pretty good after listening to Ginzburg’s version. They got some impressionistic shits I didn’t appreciate before from complete sets.

4 Likes

Tru, I played thru them when I picked dem for dis upcoming pimp comp

N den did not pass :sunglasses:

Indeed. They’re set right at the border between the worldly and the ethereal. What I like about both 16 and 17 is that they have some of that grumpy, opposing, awkward nature you sometimes find in older people. Clearly not in Liszt, but here it is in his music instead.

#18 is a bit pale in comparison with the others IMO, but sure. It comes from the same world as the Valses Oubliees for instance - which I adore.

I really think all these should be played more often. I bet one reason they’re not is that people think of the Rhapsodies as big virtuosic show off pieces and then they come to 16-19 and go meh - quality drop. They’re clearly not that. You program them the way Richter did with 17 for instance. They’re more for reflection and introspection than external flair and brilliance.

hahaha da MATURE :pimp:

Yeah, 16-19 are great too

da biggezt zurprize from diz wuz da popularity ov da 11

actually thinkin about it tiz pozzibly da moz efficient n zhort enuff to even be an encore

I wuz zurprized 9 beat 12 too

1 Like

https://www.dasdc.net/t/2011-live-rappah-11/29285

1 Like

#9 pozz contains da biggest variety of texture. imho Diz da most challenging one by quite a big margin

2 Likes

:pimp:: I wizh :sunglasses:

1 Like

i have always enjoyed no 4 in particular - seems more integrated into a single concept than any other of these works. earl wild and gyorgy cziffra played this brilliantly.

4 Likes

For some reason the opening figure of no 4 seems like it would make a perfect early 20th century french popular song.