Generally considered master/popular works you dun like

lol mai thread iz duplekeit

I far prefer Book 2

2 Likes

Tru, I only played book 2.

I also prefer Book 2, apart from the ending of Book 1. However, overall I’m not that into Book 2 either.

1 Like

Hmm - I think Book 2 is (materially) better than Book 1, but ultimately I think both are weak, insubstantial, and unrewarding. I adore Brahms, but (to my mind) Op.35 smacks of him trying to be and write something that he fundamentally is not, and does not understand. For my part, I suspect that the popularity of Brahms Op.35 stems in significant part from its combination of blockbuster theme + blockbuster composer, and that if (say) the work had not been based on such an iconic theme, it would not (all other things being equal) have the popularity that it has managed to gain.

Da book 2 has some pure genzui moist moments

He really does a great deal of invertible counterpoint n interesting rhythmical displacements - imho, a masterpiece

Playing book 1 and book 2 back to back randomly jus anticlimactic

Pick a book n rape it.

But da Brahms does have da “blockbuster unleash” as part of his compo personality

Look at da first sonata and concerto, for instance.

Not his fault that mofos often play his works like an old fart shitting into a colonoscopy bag.

4 Likes

HAHAHAHA i alwayz remembahed da WEE bein a rathah mainstream mofo in termz of tazte

But daiiiiim diz cuntroverzial opinion out of nowhere even da zepp findin it hard to endorze :sunglasses:

1 Like

Da Handel vars on da otha hand is genzui

To bad the theme itself is a saccharine trilling zheeyat

:yawning_face:

2 Likes

dere iz ONE LEGENDARY MAZTAHZONG dat da zepp randomly dizlyk zo much dat he haff nevah managed to ztay awake enuff to lizten to it all da way thru

diz zong iz undah 20minz long in normal interp

n tiz a frontloaded zheeyat of wtf proportionz

kind of lyk da bond movie

DA :earth_americas: IZ NOT ENUFF

where all da bezt zheeyat happen b4 da openin creditz zong zequence :sunglasses:

Hahah da Dante’z Inferno? :sunglasses:

da DOBERMAN actually backloaded wiz gensui but a bit ramblin fo da firz half IMO

1 Like

Truuuu :sunglasses:

1 Like

That’s kind of the point, the protagonist is wandering.

3 Likes

Haha daim tiz harzhly a bit tru

I enjoy da whole zheeyat but da firz part fo zhor make da rez a bit anticlimactic

MART tranz required

1 Like

Are you talking about the Dante Sonata?

2 Likes

Da Zherlock MEF cummah :sunglasses::male_detective:

I just had to ask since the Dante sonata is such an amazing piece

Just shows da zepps insanely bad taste in music

1 Like

N da Zeppz fav movie iz

Frozen :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ahahahahah truuuu

Da zepp think even average zheeyat lyk dezpacito iz a bettah zong ovahall den da DANTE ZON

But da DANTE ZON firzt 3minz iz juz az gud az a truly wikid zong lyk

Let it go :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Let it go :heart:

3 Likes