Greatest Bach Pianists

Brew, i iz zl*w as well…i’d love it if u could post some Hog Bach

WHATTTT!!! Ok, Richter Bach coming right up.

Gould, Richter, Gilels, Feinberg, Goode, Fischer for me.

I have yet to find a partitas recording I like more than the Goode. I’m thoroughly impressed, although I haven’t heard many.

I agree with the Lipatti comment.

I was a bit disappointed by the Goode Bach discs. There are several Partita recordings that appeal to me more than that one. That’s not to say the disc is bad… it’s fine. But not as good as I hoped.

Weissenberg, Vedernikov, Gould, Kapell No. 4, , Horszowski no. 2, Lipatti No. 1, Argerich No. 2, Anderszewski, Arrau, Feltsman, Tipo… I like all of these better than the Goode set,

The ones I like less than Goode, are Schiff, Hewitt, Rubsam.

It’s too bad too… I absolutely LOVE Goode’s Mozart Concerto recordings.

As a whole set, Gieseking owns.

However, Gould Partita Nos.5 and 6 are peerless.

Chris, I will post the other 4 Kempff Bach CDs besides the Goldberg for u and also Gieseking Partitas.

haha :blush: rezpec.

I will re-up sum HOG bach.

1. Gould
  2. Richter
  3. Gav
  4. Soko
  5. Tatiana Nikolayeva (haha da art of fugue)
  6. Angela Hewitt :blush:

WTC
Gould
Richter LIVE
randomly some part of Schiff iz gud

Goldberg
Gould 81

god damn it man, I have not heard enough Partita recordings. Help me out :frowning: have not heard ONE of those recs you mentioned with the exception of Gould and Lipatti

Gould’s 2nd I didn’t like as much, but I’d love to hear any of those other recs.

All of them did the full 6?

hey diz rectum live WTC, izn’t diz da set wat cozt 300 bucks? whered everyone get diz?

brew, u are referring to da innstruck one, $40-50 on ebay and it’s there 24/7. da studio RCA set is respectable but no where near his live set.

another legendary set is rectum wtc live in mozcow in 1969, just book 1.

label: Russian Revelation

there’z also a random selection of rectum WTC issued in many different labels. some of them are recorded at different period of time from da aforementioned 3 sets.

oh great, only 50 bucks, no way I could pay 300 for any one recording. yeah I think the book 1 moscow iz on russian revelation, shuld be able to find that one cheap. thanks for the info.

brew, da canadian has upload this(uploading the scans for you to see):

sendspace.com/file/iyg8ui

I bought it for 200 bucks. But that’s the Original RCA Japanese issue, not the pirated China Poloarts set.

The Chinese one is widely available.

Rezpec… Although the title zeemz a little 88ztr :laughing:

somebody wrote he never heard Richter’s Bach … how is it even possible ? I wouldnt know Bach even in 20% from what i know (eventho i probably still know shit) if not the Richter’s Bach especially the WTC .
I very like Feinberg but I dont seem to know exactly how to listen to his Fugues , i still dont get them eventho i still hear its amazingly figured. I’m still young. Im getting a Bach faze actually , my prof. teaches our piano cathedral students Methodology with Pianistic science and today we had talked a lot about Bach specially the ornaments etc… and i felt so inspired that since i got home i listened to about 6 hours of bach … and mostly Richter and Sokolov and Arraus GV

Randomly, apparently Gould hated his recording of the 5th partita- claiming it as the worst Bach recording he ever made (according to the linear notes, anyway). Still a great rec though. 8)

Favorite Bach Pianists-
Gould
Aldwell
Lipatti
Kapell (only 2 recordings that I know of, but they are FINE)
Fiorentino
Argerich
Pollack (for his recording of the e minor toccata, which is extremely good)

Gould re-recorded the 5th partita and he was satisfied with the new rec.

Did he? My bad. I wonder which rec I have, then.

:g:

:g: :g:

:g: :g: :g:

This guy had better return!!!

Damn, I still hadn’t heard Richter’s Bach in 2007?
Shameful.