I'm back! ivankozlosky

Hello all–after many years, here I am again! Trumofo convinced me to return. Only, I couldn’t log back into my original account with stats again, no matter what I tried. So, here is the second version of ivankozlovsky…

Hope you’re all well.

In the photo, I’m posing with my teacher, Sergei Babayan
16002896_10100630954344386_8945658849549754954_n.jpg

Hey man, welcome back.

when’s the Ashkenazy interview coming out?

Those are two damn cool dudes. 8)

From that photo I know who you are. We have a mutual friend in Cleveland, Mr. Drake, although it’s been many years since I last spoke to him now.

The interview with Ashkenazy–oh man I hope soon. We’ve filmed 63 episodes so far now and released 49 to date–which means we still have a huge backlog… eek.

Mr. Smaug–I don’t know him but would love to be connected sometime :slight_smile:

OMFG Babayan looks coked up. What a hero

Welcome back! If you want I should be able to get you your old account back

Yes yes daddy!

Welcome back ZSOLT!!!
Wooooohooooooo!!!

:rectum:

Yeah man, I think it’s better, so Zsolt can access da brothel and all the 100+ and elite group posts!

Now DASDC is better than ever!
Holy balls, man

Rezpek da ZSOLT!! :gold: :silver: :bronze: :approved: :god:

Rezpec, welcome back!

Welcome back!

Edited :wink:

I’ll be looking forward to Ashkenazy as well, I actually don’t think I’ve ever heard an interview with him, though I know he’s supposed to be a highly amicable person. Can you share any of the other upcoming names?

There are quite a few–but of pianists we have Manny Ax, Thibaudet, Seymour Bernstein, and M-A Hamelin :slight_smile:

The singer I’m excited about releasing soon is Joyce DiDonato :slight_smile:

Ah yes Mr. Drake! I just spoke with him this morning! Great guy

Yes, he really is. I should catch up with him again as well. Hamelin is one of my oldest piano heroes - I’ll definitely keep an eye out for that!

There are some Ashkenazy documentaries on youtube.
Having met him, I can confirm he’s a super nice guy (although dismissive of his early recordings).

Oh, when was that?

As to his recordings… Have you heard the interview Martin Meyer did with Horowitz? It’s a bootleg from Horowitz’s own living room as it were, so for once Horowitz opens up and shares some opinions on contemporary pianists. I’m relying on a 15 year old memory now, but he essentially says Ashkenazy was a brilliant pianist as he came out of Russia, and then he met Barenboim, who ruined everything. :slight_smile: No comment on that, but I kind of agree. It’s the early Ashkenazy which is the good Ashkenazy IMO.

Yeah I agree.
It was during the intermission of Kissin’s concert at the Sydney Opera House in September 2011.
Only time I’ve ever been starstruck.

I heard Kissin in 1997 in recital in Chicago–it was a fascinating experience. I felt he was both bored and nervous during the actual recital. I don’t remember all the pieces–I remember Bach/Busoni, Kreisleriana (very boring) and Schumann Toccata (very sloppy but who cares). Then he gave five encores–he came alive during those in a way he hadn’t before. It was incredibly exciting. There was finale to Weber C major sonata, Schumann Intermezzo from Faschingsschwank, Schubert/Tausig March Militaire, Rage over a lost penny, then something else I forgot. But I was thunderstruck. I think he was in his 20s.

Damn!!!

I attended the Plate debut in Carnegie in 2000

Don’t remember anything…

Welcome Back Zsolt!!!

I request a repost of your Liszt Dante!
It was damn good. Epic.