least favorite famous pianists thread

finally zum mofo cummah diz thread dat make lezz senze den da jake :comme:

1 Like

haha i ztill think da mofoz lyk da jake dat dizz wiz zuch immaturity haf zmallcockzyndrome

i noe wut da DOC iz n i noe wut he izn

i dun complain bout wut he izn, n i Njoy wut he duz

zo wut if da DOC onli paint wiz charcoal, he duz it bootifullyimo :dong:

oops, forgot fazil say in that list…

If I had to pick who to listen to for a lifetime, I’d pick dongah over fazil, tru…

I think the Hamelin Shostakovich concerto rec is light and playful, I enjoy some of the Scriabin sonatas, I was impressed by most of the Wigmore rec, some of the Medtner sonatas are quite nice and there are probably a bunch of other Hamelin cds that I listen to off and on.

Also, there are at least 5 or 6 bootlegs that I really like including a live Grande Sonate, live Chopin Concerto and a really cool 1988 live Ives sonata/Benidiction rec.

Keep in mind that every rec I’ve mentioned, I’d easily be able to find 5-10 other recs that I like better.

haha fair nuff

da DOC izn da moz colahful interpretah but he gain a unique audience fo playin colahful rep

zum mofoz lyk collectin many recz ov da zame piecez, i prefah liznin 2 lezzah herd sheeyat alot ov da tym, n da DOC zerve diz up wiz uniform clarity n clinical excellenz :gav:

Tru, as a pianist, he’s an admirable fellow. As a musician, he leaves alot to be desired - especially in standard rep.

But yea, I appreciate his adventurous spirit.

1 Like

haha da canadian agree on da Fazil Say, i just can’t stand his “impros” or “compositions”

I forgot to mention da Tiempo…

and i have to say that lately, Argerich.h mm… not so sure

I agree with you on every point you make.

I agree completely with these. although schiff’s beethoven lectures are quite interesting. And I find it hilarious watching LL to see what you have to do to become a millionaire “pianist”…

this has got to now be one of my favourite analogies. brilliant.

tru, schiff brotha lecturez is gensui, informative to some extent.

worth hearing once nonetheless.

i wud actually vogue fo da zay’z paganini jazz arrangement

:blush:

yeah I concur with Krit, he must have been really something back in the day, like horowitz said you don’t get that reputation for nothing. Friedman, Horowitz, Saint-Saens etc, can’t be wrong.

Da Dongah
Ashkenazy (just cuz)
Gould (there you have it)
Paderwiski (What I’ve heard, though there isn’t much, wasn’t good)

Enuf hate… I hate to focus on what I don’t like…

i wen to c tha LORTIE pimp pathetiqu concert thiz year n it zsuvkd

i blame tha pim[ :doc:

brendull
ashkenazy (except for his early recordings which are good but not great)
lang lang
yundi li
perahia
pollini
volodos
helfgott :wink:
Zimerman
Gav (scarilege ?) :gav:

haha da Zim is sacrilege
:imp:

everything’s nicely in place, but it doesn’t do anything for me.

duz he play mo ballzy l8ly?

Yeah, he’s a lot better live imo.

yeah ill agree to that. i remember hearing a great boot of him doing the chopson 2. randomly can someone repost that recital? i dont have it anymore.