Lubov Timofeyeva

YT uploader “Trompete” has shared some rare material of this elusive Russian pianist, including some great Liszt playing:

2 Likes

Damn this sounds good. Thanks Erwin, I have never seen these.

2 Likes

I’ma follower of dis channel and it proved to me dat Da Lube’s LP photo style of Dated Damsel was not unintentional. The 1980s were known for cardigans and dresses with fake, stuffed shoulders but Da Lube took it to a new skeletal level (above).

1 Like

True, but first I hadn’t even noticed da bizarre dress because the playing is so damn good…

1 Like

Is it wrong I dun know what the second video zong is?

Yes… Through the eyes of our time it looks like it’s an intermezzo from a Disney movie.

Elaborate dresses aside though she is quite beautiful. Since this is DASDC this is very as important to point out.

1 Like

Second vid has S.191 & 139#9

…the Impromptu Nocturne late F-sharp thingy VH played, and the Ricordanza transcendental.

1 Like

Looks like the same garish piano Gornostaeva played in one video.

2 Likes

I think there’s something with Gavrilov on it as well

I’m glad to see this dixie chick is finally getting some of the attention she deserves. Her Chopin etudes have been loved on RMCR for quite a while.

There are also some videos of Merzhanov and Dorensky playing on this (and probably the red piano too) but I’ve never been able to find those videos in full.

1 Like

Here’s a link to download the complete Chopin Etudes by Lubov:
http://chopiniano.blogspot.com/search/label/Lubov%20Timofeyeva

Go ahead and upload on YT if you want Vlad. I received a copyright strike yesterday, I’m really fed up with this sheeyat at the moment. Two more and my channel will be closed. :unamused:

1 Like

Was the strike for a new video or an old one?

Stravinsky’s “Sacre du Printemps” for Four Pianos (arr. Maarten Bon). Claimant is Boosey & Hawkes Publishers. I digitized the audio of this recording myself from an out of print Dutch LP, and I had no idea there were severe copyright issues with it…
Must be some family member of Stravinsky or of Bon…

But did you upload it recently or had it been on the channel for years?

1 Like

About one and a half year ago…

yikes

Yeah tread carefully. I never got any copyright strikes, but the three community guideline things I got all came within the span of a few minutes - for videos which had been up for weeks or months (though I did edit all of them the same evening, and hence possibly flagged them for reevaluation).

1 Like

I wrote the claimant a mail, asking them to reconsider.
Why the fuck they don’t contact the uploader first? I’d taken down the vid immediately…

1 Like

It is strange. Normally the vid just gets blocked or monetized (typically for thinking it’s Michael Jackson’s Heal the World), not striked.