New Arcane and Unfollowable Transfer / Record Making / Remaster Thread

Lemme see if I can find a dvd source. The tube throws away all the info so the thing dun go.

1 Like

I was thinking about the horowitz TV concert. Its got problems but the main one is the color degraded - likely beyond use. I learn film stock (including kinos for rebraodcast) was pretty shit back then and color films need restoration after as little as 6 years. Working on black and white you could probably fix most what makes that look like shit and then just recolor it using AI.

Anybody ever try to color a black and white film before? What I seen looks inexplicably like ass.

1 Like

What’s so bad about the colors in the one on Youtube? There aren’t even that man colors to deal with…his clothing is neutral, the background is plain, and there’s the orange-ish innards of the the 88.

AI colorization of photos looks wonky. I imagine colorization of a moving image is even worse.

Most of the color info faded off and what exists was just saturated back in in super sheeyat fashion. To add they made him orage cuz this a VHS dupe and the RGB values creep and crawl around not always converging in intensity or location in frame so that only place they could go where he doesn’t change color like a salamandar.

Source could probably be restored but the vids floating around already raped too much and too low res. Somebody find me a DVD yo!

Randomly I remember only one or two archival copies exist. Anybody remember the school archive in california that have it?

Wow there a lot of AI tools for color sheeyat already. Hmmm…

I wonder how this look I un gang bang the saturation?

the Ho 1968 only exists in those awful vids but audio survives in a good source.

1 Like

I remember finding mention in an archival braodcast library. What’s circulated clearly some hellish billionth generation VHS dupe. I wonder if they got the OG kino for rebroadcast. That might be something pro mofos could fix.

when they were restoring it for release in 2015 it was discovered that the original source does not exist and they only got crappy amateur tapings of it LMAO

1 Like

oh so it exists maybe somewhere it a better gen copy?

Dunno I’m an idiot I should have captured that doc when I had full archive access. Wasn’t prisine tho even then but there were colors.

1 Like

so Sony was lazy and did not not even locate the best possible source?

wow

Dunno, all that costs money so my guess yeah.

I recall the Carmen var 1968 was in the Art of Piano doc

2 Likes

Yeah those look great. The INA doc was different. Some french dude blathering.

I had access the archive audio but not vids.

I did DL everything humanly possible tho

I pretended to be a media buyer at F**** so I could see everything they had digitized.

wow yeah damn

It was cool but most good stuff already out in the wild TBF.

those Cziffra audio recitals epic

I was hoping for something like that since my first ever “FUCK U BITCHES” post on here decade ago

sum dreams cum tru when u already lose interest

1 Like