New repertoire/programs of living pianists

That’s a weird and at first glance enormous programme. I would attend though, but I don’t think she’ll play here.

Of all that, I’m most curious about the bach !

Really?

There is actually a very real possibility her Sthlm concert will be cancelled. Sweden awarded democracy fighter Gui Minhai a prize earlier this week, which upset China’s government to the degree that they threatened the Swedish government and said any cultural exchanges will be cancelled from here on. If the concert takes place I will attend too - but I’m not sure I believe in this program.

1 Like

I’m losing track of all the stories of China throwing its toys out of the pram.

Yeah I agree, it has that feeling to it

1 Like

Ahahahahah da :x:-land politicianz juz dun think ztrategikly

Be nice to da chineze govt, n dey vil take all yo muzlim refugeez n put dem in wikid zubzidized houzin in china :policeman: :police_car: :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Interesting. Da polofant n scrib 5 - she played previously, I think

I’m trying to look for a pattern or theme that would make the program make any sense. Maybe if the works were re-sequenced then I could come with something about progression of tonality, or something. All I am getting is she threw this together because it’s what she felt like playing.

1 Like

@xsdc Zimerman is going to play all Beethoven concertos next week:

Krystian Zimerman/Orchestra Giovanile Italiana - Teatro del Maggio Musicale Fiorentino

1 Like

:+1:

Looks like his project this season.

1 Like

At least that if not any piano recital…

Hahah I juz realized da redundancy ov da ‘living pianiztz’ in diz thread title

I mean az oppozed to wut?

:skull: Da Corpze cummah wiz a nu rectal prog? :sunglasses:

1 Like

unless he’s playing the violin concerto or the triple concerto, it’s a disappointing announcement.

Zenphbot corpse play… yiruma

Would buy

https://slippedisc.com/2019/12/pole-will-play-5-beethoven-concertos-in-an-afternoon/

1 Like

Wow!

This is really interesting actually. From memory anyway the LvB concertos are curiously absent from the 19/20 Beethoven season here. I wonder if I dare to hope to have him do them here as well next season.

Probably not alas, since I believe he’s burnt his bridges with the concert halls here.

Is he going to adjust his piano in between concertos?

Has he done that earlier?

He took out the keyboard after Bach C minor Partita and changed it before Beethoven op. 111 some 10 years ago :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was going to rant the usual what a dumb idea but did not expect da zumwhat unpredicktable Zim. Oh man.