New Toys

My shure phone one sounds ok but I haven’t messed around too much with recording before so can’t say for certain. Tru, If you get on amazon mv88?? Can return if it blows Can also be used with video app and has some settings for directionality etc.

No do look in to it, I’m not very well versed in that market. If @88 has got the Zoom you’re thinking about you have every possibility to get thoughts and feedback about it.

@88 yo zoom HD model randomly sounds good.

Da default iPhone mic is pure garbage and compresses dynamics like a CUCK

1 Like

Yes I can recommend that - Zoom Q2HD. I haven’t used it much yet, should experiment more with different positions and distances from da 88, but sound quality + dynamics are acceptable IMO.

1 Like

I’m thinking in recording in a new studio.

Da :hui: tells me dat studio is sheeyat, but only becuz da hot stud Chinese dude owner hit on her n zhe only likes overweight white dudes.

Da jyard choice of 2 beat-up 88s n undah da lid mics not optimal

But den again, da recs I made dere even made da Clitcomp cut, pozz juz dun change anything?

Besides, whut if da studio owner hits on MOI

n I can’t rezizt? :tm:

You can just bring a bag, you know. There’s no need to keep the recorder in your pocket. I use a slim satchel (I’m not sure if this is the right term) which I keep on my lap during concerts.

True, it’s just convenient to have everything on you, plus no suspicious cables visible (though I suppose people would just take them for headphone cables anyway).

True, but in my case they can’t be seen at all. Also when I look into the bag to check that everything’s working properly, it just looks like I’m rummaging for something inside. It’s a lot less suspicious than taking the recorder out of my pocket to check that it’s recording.

1 Like

Oh yes. Once I’m in the hall, it’s faith from there. In my more heroic days of youth I wasn’t as careful with this, but today I’d only pull the recorder out if I realized I had forgotten to plug in a cable or similar.

Yeah, but for me at least ‘faith’ has meant fucking up a whole bunch of recordings; Ansdnes Beethoven 1 and 3, Volodos Beethoven 3, Pressler, Angelich etc (I won’t even start on the ones where I didn’t connect the mics properly and but it still recorded using the M10’s internal mics). I’m a lot more consistent now, though it’s also due to experience.

Haha. Yes after 21 years or something like that I think I’ve safeguarded myself from everything that can go wrong. The only thing that concerns me is that I’d forget something from the routine out of sheer absentmindedness, which wouldn’t be entirely unlike me.

20190822_230523

:+1::+1:

I’ve owned these before, but I’m very excited to have them back again. For classical music I honestly believe they’re the best headphone in the whole worldiverse.

3 Likes

Respectable choice. I really love open-back headphones, having grown up with Grados over the years. HD600 has an especially legendary reputation for Classical and Jazz. :+1:

The 600/650 have a sequel out now named 660S. I read about it earlier in the week and it’s surely a monster of a headphone as well, but it’s at 150 ohm, intended to work with phones and tablets, and while it does seem to be an improvement in some aspects it apparently doesn’t have the same natural, “musical” feel to it as the old ones. It’s partly why I rushed out to buy this since I fear they might pull them before long (they’ve been out since 1997, and the 660S is branded as a successor to the 650), but also since I realised my V30 phone can actually drive them. They’re “inconvenient” otherwise, you need a dedicated headphone amp.

Damn da X pad laid out wid da message to every visiting woman - You’re not needed.

Dis high level artistry to home interior detail

2 Likes

Daim da white 88

:dong:

Rezpek!

1 Like

Not needed… but she’d be welcome nonetheless.

1 Like

Yeah, it was a price thing at the time - I remember we were offered a piano from a piano store where I briefly worked at half the price just because it was white. They’re apparently hard to sell. I don’t mind so much, but I would have preferred it in black of course.

1 Like

I :heart: sennheiser

AHAHAHAH da zmooth-lookin X crib

Eazily

8 :wim:z out of 10 :sunglasses:

4 Likes