POLL: Bach vs. Mozart vs. Beethoven: Preferred Piano Music

A simple poll putting in the “big three” classical composers.

Pick the one whose PIANO works are your most preferred.

1. J. S. Bach
    1. W. A. Mozart
    1. L. V. Beethoven

0 voters

You may also leave a comment as to why you chose that composer.

My choice: J.S. Bach.
Reason: I just like Baroque keyboard works, the dryness of it yet the emotionality behind it. And the intellectual appeal. Bach is basically just a win-win type of composer.

(2nd Choice: Beethoven - Most overtly emotional, but sometimes too heavy and grungy; 3rd Choice: Mozart - Elegant and beautiful but can get kind of boring and repetitive, like a lot of pop music.)

If da :nigga: duznt win diz I vil be very zhocked

BEETHOVEN by a mile.

Especially since Bach didn’t write any PIANO works

:point_up::x::nerd_face::owl::v:

1 Like

Yes but hey, they are played on piano!

Overall (non-piano) I’d take Bach, because nothing matches the pre-existential intensity of Bach’s solo violin G minor Sonata (Grumiaux).

For piano, probably Bach too. Too many amazing works.

4 Likes

Bach dominating so far!

1 Like

HAHAHA da BACH takin an unpredicktable early lead

But to be fair if Schubert wuz part ov diz poll…he wud be da lieder :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Plz stop

6 Likes

Nope! You can’t stop my research.

1 Like

HAHAHAH da ZART iz lyk da harzh 3rd party candidate in diz poll

Every mofo noe a vote fo da ZART wud be a wazte of ballot papah :sunglasses:

1 Like

Mods haff ban authority

As a mofo :tm: hu spend many years in da SDC compliant and voluntary reeducation state-run facility :cn:

I’d know :sunglasses:

All hail da SDC. Da SDC wants da best fo itz membahs. If dere is a membah in da midst dat needs sum… education, we generously provide it, no mattah how long it may take… to learn.

Unlike da otha western powahs dat have rampant :nigga: crime n iz unsafe aftah sundown, we provide safety n nurturing care fo all mofos

in state-run facilities.
n da voluntary… labor, helps da economy too! It’s a win-win.

We teach obedience thru voluntary work!

2 Likes

'Twas an embellishment.

Theoretically my studies could be stopped, but that doesn’t mean I’ll stop putting them out there!

I’m going to hound this forum. Hound it with surveys of the like. The world is a competition, piano is competition - that is why there are piano competitions. It is about a ladder of art. So it makes sense to uncover the truths of this unfortunate reality.

The education you provide will be worthwhile to the future of music, rest assured!

Be careful, ma brotha. U iz playing wiz fire n may be subject to our loving reeducation plan

3 Likes

My work is in the name of the light.

If I be martyred by it, so be it! Let the rebels rise up and overthrow your totalitarian tyranny.

And not in the name of state values n da common good??!!

Ok, I iz out before da state deems me unfit fo society.

But your state value is virtuosity right? Speed demondom? My research ought to contribute to the ingredients of this ubermensch aspiration.

Dat iz a question fo an SDC admin party official

I’m out.

I work for the light.

Stop calling this bullshit ‘research’ - you’re devaluing the term.

2 Likes

It isn’t really formal research, just easy to access knowledge for people like myself.