Rap & hip hop

It’s been two decades but I’m getting back into it a little and am listening to some new material (for me). Anyone else listen to this? What appeals to me is pretty much the same as punk – the lyrics and the attitude.

Rap was my jam when I was 13 through 18, but it got way too mainstream and superficial. Last album I bought was The Eminem Show. I did see Snoop Dogg live on NYE 2011, but that was just because I was waiting for Pendulum.

I like the occasional bit of rap like this

REZPEC BRU Pendulum a wikid oz electronic group

Do you like any shit like this?

I’m into some Synthwave. This is a really cool video but you might think ‘too mcuh photoshop’ :sunglasses:

Yeah for me too, about 12-15 then dropped it for punk. Cypress Hill, early Dre and Snoop, and NWA & Eazy E were mostly what I listened to. This was about 1993. There was a period of Too $hort too which makes me smile now.

Thanks for the links Comme

Rezpec!

Dre knows how to construct a wikid beat.

hahahaha tru i wuz alzo done wit rap until i heard vince ztaplez

thiz iz zuch a a crazy beat if u haff a zubwoofah :pimp:

dawg you zhud check out the JRE from da othah day with Vinnie Paz of jedi mind sheeyatz

I’ll admit, I started to get back into it a bit after the Black Thought 10 min freestyle last year:

DAMN

I dun liszten to rap because it has ZERO solo 88 tranz pozzibility :dark_sunglasses:

Unless you create a nu 88 genre? Rap wizout words? :sunglasses:

:wink:
Maybe Kaykov’s Op.1? Five Rapz Without Words?

To faster spread the word I’m gonna post the sheetz for the first of them here:

G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G. G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G. G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G.

Solo trans cummah!

1 Like

I second your DAMN! That Black Thought freestyle is sick!

1 Like

Horowitz would have been good at this sort of thing.

1 Like

man the background music on this track (time-stamped) is so beautiful. Anyone want to ID the (what I think is a) wind instrument that’s dancing about?