Small Hands?

I can only oct gliss descending :frowning:

Apart from da Doc’s HR2 cadenza I can’t think of many RH ascending octave glissandi.
What are some other examples?

Haha da Pimp well hung rappah fang and Tot, but only if you want to play dem :ziff: style 8) and da pimp 2, cziffraized 8)

Beethoven 1st Concerto 1st mov.
One of the Rossini pieces has loads of them.

I think that’s a Czerny addition, da Russian mofos always play it as a scale in both hands, non glizz.

Petruchka ascending left hand gliss is a bitch. I can’t play the piece, but I’ve bashed my way through bits of it.

Other way around I think - There’s an octave g bass in the middle of it so Beethoven wants the slide. Czerny suggests 2 hands, according to the notes in my score.

randomly there was a time where i did loads of finger strengthening and i was able to oct gliss all over the piano all of a sudden with ease. only my hands were too small so it were seventh glisses.

Yeah it’s an octave gliss, I forgot about that one.
I love that piece but still haven’t had a chance to see it played live (apart from another student playing it at school).
I was supposed to see Andsnes play it a couple of years back but I ended going to Australia that week so gave the ticket to my ex.

Yuja doesn’t have hands THAT small.

I think if you can take an oct with 1-4, you iz good to go for most of standard piano rep.

I have a decent sized hand that can take a 10th but randomly not THAT flexible with da webbing in between each finger. I know people with hands smaller den mine dat can stretch fingers 2-4 better.

but then again, they probably have a really loose anuz/pussy 8)

I was reading through the Lyapunov etudes this past weekend and I reckon there were some stretches in there that would not be particularly comfortable for me. Then again, I’ve noticed my hands have become way less flexible in the 3 years since I stopped playing.