The Greatest Asian Pianist?

MOST of the legends of the past have been white/Caucasian dudes.

What with the sheer volume of Asians(including people of Asian heritage) studying piano over the last few decades, there are a LOT of really good pianists.

But who would you personally pick as the greatest? One that you could name in the same breath as legends like Horowitz, Richter etc.

And if you don’t think any have achieved that level of greatness just yet, who shows the most potential to attain it in the future?

None yet. They will come though.

Best one so far: Wang

2 Likes

Da PIMP n da ZIFF

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Uchida and Wang probably.

1 Like

Actually…

Most potential: da zepp :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Ahahahaha rezpecably cuntroverzial :sunglasses:

Tiz hard to say… dere are so many great ones now.

Of course nobody here will take my opinion seriously due to my yellow fever.

Fou Ts’ong.

For some very rezpekable Chopin…

And boning da orgy. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I’ve always wondered if he was the one who was supposed to have played the Bartok-2 Cziffra did on revolution night. Cziffra only identified him as a Chinese pianist, but said he was very good. Who else…?

yeol eum zon iz up ther think :lib:

1 Like

That is a very fair point, and he’d just come to prominence.

She plays good repertoire. I would like to see her live.

I’m loving almost everything I hear from Seong-Jin Cho. He has amazing potential, and he’s more versatile than you’d think.

1 Like

I regret skipping him last year. He was playing almost the exact same programme I’d just seen Tsuji play, and I wasn’t inclined ro hear it again. Hopefully, I’ll have another chance to hear him soon.

ahahahah tru diz ztory

da chop comp MAZURKA PRIZE winnah in a zong lyk da BART-2, a bit WTF :sunglasses:

bazed on da zepp non-rezearch n pure imagination, da ZIFF lykly zubztituted DIZ MOFO:

den da praize wud at leazt make zenze :sunglasses:

datz randomly now a top 3 conc fo da TM.

zheeyat, I better get da score asap.
pozz diz dezervez a

Grand Yellow Rivah Conc fo Piano ZOLO tranz?

still way bettah muzic den sum of da Soviet party membahz concz :sunglasses:

ahahahahah truuu!!

play diz when da TRUMP invite u to da whitehouze

den u vil get 50 yrz worth of cuntcert engagementz in CHINA, guaranteed :sunglasses:

1 Like

hahaha da NSA already has let Trump noe I referred to hiz wife az a tranny no fewah den 50 tymz online. I doubt I can get a White Houze invite unlezz I get a 500k check in da mail from ma EX n donate it all to da trumpztah 2020 campaign, n rant on it on twittah fo maximum notoriety

I suppose I shud juz book a Weimah-Beijing ticket rite now n ask questions latah

:sunglasses:

never mind, a Chinese visa would take months.

Zepp, u noe datz played by da compozah himzelf tru?

hiiiily rezpektable!

Alzo note da tasteful facials!

ahahaha truuuuu

technically diz mofo iz da party-commizzioned TRANZCRIBAH fo diz conc

twuz originally a fuckin CHORAL ZUITE tru a bit wtf :sunglasses:

1 Like