The next Volodos?

Exactly, I can’t get over how “opposite” he is. The hallmarks I found were his remarkable ear for sound as well as his musical understanding - which are skills 17yos simply don’t have. From super mofos of that age I’m certainly prepared for good readings and some serious fingerwork, but things are near invariably linear and set in the plane. What hints his age here is rather that he can’t quite reach the ff:s, which at least speaks of a light pianist, and that his playing isn’t as distinctly cut as with older masters. But I mean 17! I would have raised an eyebrow over a 27 year old with these qualities.

1 Like

Most non-Asian 17 year olds dun play like diz tru

1 Like

ahahaha I think da XMOFO wuz hopin u wud zay da exact oppozite :sunglasses:

1 Like

I skipped the encores altogether, but I listened to Liszt, Scriabin, and Gaspard.

The Scrib Fantasy was a bit dodgy, but all of it really had the mark of a master soundsmith. Try either of the Liszts for instance. Ondine and Scrib 8#4, too. Not entirely developed but I mean WTF is he doing playing like that. He’s not even allowed to drive a car yet.

2 Likes

Da TM give credit where credit is due.

I dun always disagree wiz da X n diz basically a legit place to have civil discussions :sunglasses:

1 Like

Tru, da ondine was just beautiful.

It is insane how crazy competitive the piano world is. FML, the next generation is already up and thriving. Wtf is I doing with ma life

@Dr.TM YouTube

2 Likes

Ok.
I’ll go have a couple of lessons with Kapsheeyatzky :sunglasses:

Hahahahahaha

Oh man :hearts:

1 Like

I luv u too daddy :heart:

1 Like

n dey have bettah hair too :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Not on the chest they don’t

1 Like

Syrian father, Dutch mother…yeah I agree he’s very talented…plays with extreme ease…not sure if he has genuine original musicality or how much is just teacher’s influence.
Just read he’s working with Naum Grubert so for the Russian repertoire that’s a good choice.

1 Like

Phenomenal! I know that Scriabin Etude well, it is MUCH harder to play it smoothly than one would think.

This mofo plays very well

1 Like

The playing in the lyrical stuff reminds me of Trif

Hehe the female string players planning their “me too” moments with this young dude fo sho

2 Likes

Hahahah

Yes, good, but…

I shouldn’t say anything because I certainly played this at 17 too but this is music you simply can’t do justice to at that age. All you’ll get is pretty piano playing. There is an age of wisdom and life experience steeped in these pieces, none of them are freggin Nocturnes.

Yesterday still a nobody for most of us has moved to a level of attention from where we hopefully can follow his further progress.

Just seen that he also has a YT channel.

Quite remarkable guy! I’ll keep any eye on him.

He’s srudying in Amsterdam with Naum Grubert, pianist I admire a lot.

1 Like