What CDs are you getting for Christmas?

where is Fiorentino and Berman!?among MANY others.

To me, the most surprising inclusion is Ingrid Haebler.

Her Mozart is nice… very clean and warm, but certainly not legendary.

Meanwhile Annie Fischer is 10x the Mozart player, AND she plays Beethoven, Schubert and Liszt etc.

chris, can u recommend any shostachovic?

for tha concertos pozz Eugene List

ha, u r certainly provokative. I feel its not a bad set. Sure, many greats are left out, and yes, some do not deserve to be mentioned along with others and yes, not every pianist had their best recordings include, and of course, there are simply too many repeats of the same work. (U’d think a project this size would include a fascinating array of works…)

But overall it is a good anthology, and gives a rather good introduction to all the pianists in the set. Of course, they’re all compilations, and if you have the cash, its probably better idea to buy the original issues. but $1.50 to each disc ‘feels about right’? that’s kindda undervaluing many great playings.

In terms of choices and sound engineering, it could have been done a million times better.

koji

i just got as a competition present a set of cds from the national institute and till now i only listened to Fou Ts’ong Chopin Mazurkas on an Erard piano

ok I got my sanchez albeniz set. Sound is not terrific but good value for money. I ordered Hatto’s Iberia, complete mozart sons and rach concerti. At 70 quid total, these better be good. and randomly the shipping for all that was just 7 pounds so I don’t expect these b4 x-mas.

i randomly ordered all da arrau heritage sheeyat.

:dong:

i iz expecting a snail tech with gensui moizt.

ones i already have:

arrau heritage schubert (6 CDs)
arrau heritage beethoven (11 CDs)
arrau heritage schumann (7 CDs)
arrau heritage chopin (7 CDs)

cummah:

arrau heritage bach (3 CDs)
arrau heritage debussy (3 CDs)
arrau heritage liszt (6 CDs)
arrau heritage mozart (8 CDs)

• ovah 50 CDs of violin sheeyat.

i might pozzibly add arrau final sessions set, 7 CDs

i randomly got da richter in da 50z vol.5 a few dayz ago. i will ul diz sheeyat in da rec sect.

rezpectful. the only thing about that beethoven is it dun have da concerti iirc. you should get the Brahms one too. that is good (mainly for the concerti).

haha brew, i already have da brotha set by arrau including da 5 pcs, 14 CDs (1960z). da heritage brotha iz 11 CDs and it’z from 1980z.

haha ic. daim you muz be a rich mofo.

tru, i rob da bank for a living expense.

hahah i iz gettin da Berman playz all TEz + Rach MM live in Milan

i rob da rob

hahaha den u vil be rich in… terms of cigarette buttz and empty liquor bottle pozz~~~

hahahahaha…datz rite !!!

8)

has eric fung released anything at all? i’ve only got some random clips of him playing stuff like bach etc

do u need partners?

i want some real big $ too 8)

and jap av pozz? :smiley:

i dun mind having his house tho