Which pieces have you obsessively compared recordings of the most?

mah fav norma

da BUZ ROLLZHEEYAT :sunglasses:

1 Like

Randomly…didnt da pimp quit performing fairly young? iz there random accounts of him actually playing norma, tranny ho, dong Juan etc??

ahahahah wut da COMME find it embarazzin to mention hiz fav BOB da DEVIL inferno zheeyat iz juz

da clazzarchive MIDI rec? :sunglasses:

1 Like

ahahahah TRU :sunglasses:

Da DOC live Reykjavik rec of da Norma

2 Likes

Mostly I don’t like to listen to that many different recs of pieces I lile. I normally just like to find a recording and stick to it. Well, maybe, this might not actually be true whatever.

Some pieces I love to hear endless amounts of recordings of:

Liszt Don Juan
Islamey
Chopin Etudes
Liszt Transcendental Etudes

3 Likes

What thread was that Doc passacaglia poztd in?

The video version is here.

True, he quit touring when he was like 36 I think. There’s one story of him having to take a random rest during a run through of the Tannhauser (pozz during a masterclass or some sheeyat).

1 Like

thanks dawg! it’s still hard for me to find zheeyat at daNUsdc

1 Like

I still wanna see what’s on the back of his shirt tho. Probably some mofo dojo zymbol:doc:

Anyway, yeah that’s ztill my favourite zheeyat to watch.

Randomly what athlete would you compare da Doc to?

That’s an interesting question. I actually have never had such an association for da Doc. In fact, the only one that I can think of (pianist/actor not pianist/athlete) is the Richter/Brando one.

haha it has to be da Ron-Dong Jeremy who’s a master at his craft but can’t play Chopin for sheeyat

2 Likes

Honeztly I’ve always thought Fedor.

but tru kind of a dumb question. I randomly cant think of any other compares. da dong and Usain bolt doesn’t really work. I’d more compare da dong randomly to Drake :dong:

but tru da Doc and Fedor…zimilah demeanor pozzibly

Michael phelps because doc is so dominant in so many fronts - any knocks against him are usually preference or disposition gotta remember.

thatz bazically exactly why I thought fedor
they look zimilah too zumhow

Lately :

Chop Barc&Polo fant

And the result?

Az uzual da rezult being dat I find different zheeyatz in different interpz dat I love. I believe da greater da piece da mo approachez u can take dat work

Argerich haz annoyed da fuck out ov me becuz zhe zoundz brilliant in partz but flippant and ztupid in otherz

Zimerman 1 ov da bezt Barcz tru

Pollini zurprizingly actually becummin a zolid n reliable penizt alzo - neva gave him much tym befo but he iz cunziztently good but rarely magical