Which piecez will u be ztudyin in 2020?

Rezpek!

Ustvolskaya 6. Can’t play it but what the hell. I can pretend.

3 Likes

hahaha any impro on diz piece zhorly bound to make it betta :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Bach Italian Cuntcerto
:nigga: Opus 14/1
Chopets
Czernets
Cramerets
Prokofiev Cinderella (selection)
Bartok Romanian Folk Danzes

5 Likes

Allegro comodo, oops I mean prestissimo :zepp:

1 Like

Actually to play it really really well (say :rectum:ian level) iz not an eazy tazk! :sweat:

2 Likes

I played it in the only music exam I sat!

Really odd experience, I was supposed to be playing the full zon, but after the first two pages the examiner removed the score and I had to continue from memory. He only asked for the first two movements.

2 Likes

Working on the first mvmt. now. I’ve had to change my fingeringz in the first page first group of 16th notez (with alternating handz) many timez before I could finally play it comfortably and clearly, about quarter note = 138. Like you and X, I really like this early Sonata.

1 Like

The opening broken lh 3rds are imo the hardest thing in the piece.

1 Like

:wim: “there’s a difference?”

3 Likes

Are u mofoz familiah wiz da ztring quartet verzion ov dat zonata?

1 Like

:rectum:

5 Likes

Yes! I’ve always found da 88 writing really “quartet-like”, it’s easy to imagine dat it could’ve been a sketch for a ztring quartet in da beginning.

4 Likes

Yes, that’s about the performance tempo I have in mind, and it’s a touch faster imo than allegro comodo. :slight_smile:

Tiz zimple: practize da sheeyat out of it, until it finally becumz “comodo” to play it dat way. :wink:

Pretty sure I used to have to restrain myself from playing it faster!

3 Likes

What tempo did you choose for da middle part btw?
I think Richter’s tempo here is way too slow. It becumz a bit tediouz diz way.

2 Likes

Yes, he’s too slow for my tastes. It becomes a dirge at that speed and I think there’s an element of dance when played at a genuine allegretto.

1 Like

Zcrib 3rd sonata…supah pumped for dis

1 Like

Ahahaha da hardezt zheeyat about da dance-dance middle zect in diz mvmt iz to ztop yozelf from improin all dat empty space in da LH :sunglasses:

3 Likes