Who iz your favrorit early-romantick pianizt compozer?

From one thing to another, but I listened to this piece by Urhan earlier this year. I don’t know how typical it is, but I think it says a thing or two both about the man and Liszt’s fascination with him. As you probably know he was deeply dedicated, deeply religious, and deeply ascetic. One of those several personalities at the time who helped fuel something greater than themselves.

4 Likes

Just looked through the sheet music for Robert, and wow. It is beastly writing, at first glance perhaps not as hard as Op.76 no.2 but it’s for left hand which makes it more awkward, especially for all those high notes.

I would really like to see a live performance as well because the pianist would surely be hopping around on his seat

1 Like

It’s also relentlessly physical. I’ve played around with it and after a while it really is just too much.

Damn, now you got me hooked on reed organs. That channel was brilliant

1 Like

I haven’t looked in to it, I think I found it through an Urhan search.

I like that hymn though. Simple piece, but there is a touch of genius in the B section at 03:00.

1 Like

It’s really soul touching music, been listening to this guy for hours now

2 Likes

If you talk about early Romanticism in German music, you can’t really do without the piano works of C.M. von Weber…

1 Like

Soul touching, but also shielded off from the world somehow. When you read about Urhan he comes across as such a peculiar man, but when you hear his music you begin to understand him.

Wikipedia provides →

Oh you meant the channel.

Yes drop a link somewhere here if you find something you particularly like.

1 Like

I just put on one of his playlists and let it run in the background while I worked. Beautiful stuff

2 Likes

So no pardickular cumposer, just, this guy really knows how to play the wickid instrument

1 Like