Who iz your favrorit early-romantick pianizt compozer?

But like the rest of the transitional composers, they composed early-romantic music but they weren’t early-romantic composers, if that makes any sense.

1 Like

It totally does. Several of them weren’t romantics naturally, they just tried to keep up with the times. The ones above in the OP however (minus Ignaz) were more or less born in to it.

1 Like

LH mofos always interest me. I will be sure to listen to that guy’s stuff

Recordings are rare.

I am a bit surprised that nobody has mentioned John Field as an important transitional composer, with all his influence on Chopin and whatnot!

2 Likes

What a mofo! This must be one who has flown under my radar, as much time as I spent on this era in my teens and 20s I certainly don’t remember playing through anything this weird.

1 Like

I think that’s his best work. The Robert le Diable for left hand only is also absolutely staggering in a pianistic sense. I simply can’t play some parts of it at all.

Prolific composer too - I doubt I’ve tried any of these but I have 16 works by him, the highest opus number is 106.

106 iirc is Robert.

Yes

Hardest op 106 I know of :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hahaha daim

Zhorely da muzical content a more appropriate guideline than da random year of birth sheeyat.

Othawize u end up leaving Brahmz out but includin mofoz lyk da Wagnah :dong:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Dedicated to Liszt no less

Yup. I always felt that was part dedication, part challenge…

1 Like

But Wagner’s not a piano composer, and really the comparison should’ve been only Liszt, Mendelssohn, Chopin, and Schumann but this being the SDC would mean that people would complain about no Alkan and sheeyat

part bizinezz dizzizion :dollar: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Damn straight we would

3 Likes

I would love to see it done on video.

I’m not exaggerating when I say I think it’s kanconc level difficulty. Maybe it’s just my crap lh tech :wink:

Is it much harder than Alkan Op.76 no.1?

I would say that it is. Maybe not much harder. Some places are accessible and others are just completely insane.