da true punk rock spirit

haha in the Zuckerberg hearing the senator from Illinois just mentioned COINTELPRO.

Check it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COINTELPRO

I love this band for singing a song about COINTELPRO

Diz wuz a favourite sheeyat of mine when I wuz like 13.

woah Black Flag, hell yeah. Thatā€™s cool. I always respected these guys a lot more than I enjoyed them.

I guess this is before Henry Rollins joined. He was great on Rogan last year, very interesting guy.

I didnā€™t get a notification that you posted this, just came here to share

WHEN THE KIDS ARE UNITED THEY CAN NEVER BE DIVIDED

Yes that song was from their first EP if Iā€™m not mistaken.

Right on. For the most part I couldnā€™t get into most '80s punk (British or US). A little Minor Threat, Black Flag, a song by Circle Jerksā€¦Very late '80s was when the music appealed to me. My appreciation for that period is more for the ethic and the spirit of the music than the music itself.

Actually the only band I really enjoyed from early / mid '80s was Dead Kennedys. I still listen to them.

Iā€™ve never listened to the Dead Kennedys much.
I like the rawness of the guitars in late 70s, early 80s punk but I donā€™t particularly like to hear any of these bands live.

Canā€™t you see his life is just like yours?
an unturned stone an undiscovered
door leading to
the gift of hope renewed
eternity for you
the masses of humanity have always had to suffer

Every other year or so I get back into a Guns n Roses binge. This was the first band I ever loved and theyā€™re still so unique. Iā€™m on a Coma binge ATM, this song is incrdible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7O6PeefjvU

They played here last month I think, but I missed it.

I liked the blue Use Your Illusion album when I was in to this, but actually nothing else. I also have this annual or bi-annual flashbacks actually, but with me itā€™s invariably been Nirvana. I guess I ā€œlikedā€ them more when I was 12, but I have a whole different kind of respect for them now when I come from classical music. Cobain really comes across as a Lisztian kind of genius, only that when everything happened in the best way with Liszt nothing did with Kurt.

Bill Burr the comedian was there (on stage and plugged in to the soundboard) and said they were sensational. He said they still play the songs without alterations like 25-30 years ago. 3 hour gigs!

Cobainā€™s songs are so repetitive, almost to a monomaniacal (autistic?) degree, but theyā€™re overwhelming. I still love them.

I want a chick who can scream like this

and like this

dying degree

I love the mood of these two songs together

only 3 more months until this NOFX mood passes. #SateOrDie

I love this song. I often listen to it when I have problems or when I have to travel a long distance. It reminds me that people like this tiny woman have been through a lot more than I have.

While growing up in the 90s, Primus were always part of punk culture

Damn The Ex released a new album last year. Great Dutch musicians. Itā€™ll be interesting to hear how theyā€™ve developed on their second album since dropping their long-term lead singer (he ranted more than sang).

Yeah I just remembered I donā€™t like this dudeā€™s voice. Their old stuff was phenomenal. Instrumentally it may be outstanding here but that voice, unfortunately

Have you ever tasted skin?
sink your teeth in it

da Propagandhi will be in Germany in July, at a perfectly sized venue which fits about 1000 people. Iā€™ve emailed to ask whether or not they use a barricade at the front. The gigs which donā€™t and which allow stage diving are so much better. The barricade kind of hampers the atmosphere.

Never got too deep into punk but way back a chick I was in ā€œfriendlyā€ with pushed me down a sonic youth to mr bungle to residents loop. (Im old) I still think of this polytonal modern masterpiece though itā€™s not really punk.

Also, I have a dream of covering knocking on heavens door Guns Nā€™ Roses style at karaoke but never worked up the courageā€¦

1 Like