Chop 10/4 qualifier

Yo opinion on “bezt evah” might be different than those who just lizten

2 Likes

Da :zif: needs no defense tru.

10,000% legend

2 Likes

Yeah, and that’s fine. We dun need to always cum to a consensus.

1 Like

Louder den :tractor: :woman: orgasms?

Also, “rankings” are sumwhat bound to fail also. Just play, listen, enjoy, whatever.

1 Like

One of Cziffra’s first ever commercial recs was da 10/4 btw. I prefer this version over da later remake as part of da 24 Etz set

1 Like

https://youtu.be/WnzA9kL83J0

Daim, diz randomly Rach kinda emulating Balakirev… I like it.

1 Like

I git what u saying, but you juz admitted to very own bias

n also DIZ

Yeah, to each his own.

I mean… this just goes against everything I learned about good Chopin playing! if I’d never had lessons on this piece maybe I’d think his performance was amazing due to his insane mechanism (when I was a kid his video of the liszt grand galop made me want to practice a lot!) but all I hear in his perf is an ugly tone, completely uneven tempo, wierd accents, emergency rubato and not one whif of bel canto. Sorry but Chopin is the WRONG bitch to fuck this way! the Eigeldinger Chopin book has such great examples of how he taught, he wanted everything to be singing beautifully. Not that we should just worship the urtext slaves but still we do need to think about how the composer wanted his music to come across. For this etude Argerich, Kissin, Perahia, Chochieva are my fav, and Tiffany Poon of course.

2 Likes

Ahaha dis thread now just a few posts from attaining legendary status :sunglasses:

1 Like

This is great!!
a friend asked me to so these with him, it was VERY fun:
Rachmaninoff - 2 Morceaux de salon Op. 6 - YouTube

If u talking about da 10/4 da TM posted…hahaha tru I agree. I like yo better. Wuznt da Ziff in da prison camp in 1948? :dong:

Bruh…zrzly tho u need to liszten to mo of da holy one. Luckily fo you, you’ve cum da best place on da internet/universe fo that

1 Like

I think da :zif: got sent to da camp in 1950.

2 Likes

Hahahah fuck OK

2 Likes

That’s correct. Some sources claim that “1948” rec is actually c. 1954 and that makes sense.

But, some of the most legendary recs imho are Moiseiwitsch, Richter, Horowitz 30’s

Plus this insanity:

Fuckkkkkkkkckkkkkckkkkkckkkkkk

:approved:

4 Likes

The cziff had some atrocious engineering and reissue problems. I’m skeptical of the tone ugliness on this particular rec. On the LP they even fade across left and right channels into climaxes. Really corny and false sounding.

will transer the 10 no 4 off the LP this weekend maybe using measured curve stuffs and laser player.

1 Like

:point_down:

https://www.dasdc.net/t/a-ton-of-unreleased-cziffra-items/30651

I’m actually WAY too nice. No wonder that :hui: thot abused me for years. I should sue her.

1 Like

Da :zif: had engineering problemz until u cummahlong :doc:

1 Like

Yeah…wtf. kinda reminds me of dat kid playing dat insane GGC you poztd recently

1 Like