Pieces that took a while to appreciate but now you love

Truuuu

Also, da zepp emoji game iz highly rezpectable! :rabbit::rabbit::rabbit:

It really is a phenomenal piece. The interesting thing for me was how poor Cziffra was in this piece, randomly. From memory da Doc hit quite a few clinkers in this one.

I love da Scrib 8.
Feinberg played it at the same concert as his epic 5th sonata rec, but no rec, alas.

Moiseiwitsch is very good in the Tannhauser

Gosh, the Scrib-8 is a work I don’t know at all. As in… did he write an 8th Sonata??

I see Sofronitsky played it though, and Vlad encouraged me to revisit his late Scriabin sonatas last week so I might as well pick this.

I don’t know it well either, nor the 7th. 9th and 10th I know well though.

The 9th isn’t too familiar for me, but I’m pretty at home in the 7th. Richter left a stunning performance of it in NYC 1965.

Not a fan of his simplifications in the ballsiest sections

wtfffffffffff

da ZIFF da definitive interp by about 20 milez in diz one :sunglasses:

2 Likes

My vote is decidedly for Bolet!

Bolet’s tech isn’t great, although it is still probably my favourite version. Technically, as much as I hate to admit it, Mei-ting’s was probably the best.

HAHAHA tru da MT live!!!

do u ztill haff THA MAN’z bootleg of diz perf from da ZIFF zociety? :sunglasses:

Oh, that one will be a hard one to track down! I’ll have a look.

1 Like

I need to hear it!!!

Sometimes I’m surprised with what I’m able to find on these old drives. The sound quality is what it is.

2 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

ok i vil now need to re-azzezz da ZIFF pole pozition :sunglasses:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH FUCKKKKKKK DIZ FINALE!!!

TRU diz iz da SDC TANNED HO reference :sunglasses:

i recall THA MAN legendary reminizheeyat dat he felt da WALLZ of da hall vibratin in unizon wiz da coda octz, daiiiiim :sunglasses:

Quite an incredible recital!
But even da prime DOC isn’t infallible (58:37)

That fugue theme from the Passacaglia - isn’t that from a Schubert Symphony?

Edit: I see, it’s based on the Unfinished

dat DOC rectal iz da nu bezt vid on da tube fo me. diz muzt be right around da tym of dat DOC hammy/rock zon vid tru?