Do I want to hear it? :scream:

1 Like

Haha tru if u can zumhow track it down

wuz on a random japaneze amateur 88 zite :sunglasses:

He zet da :bar: fo da moz INZANE amacha 88 tech in hiztory

Pozzibly only rivalled by da Wee himzelf :sunglasses:

2 Likes

tru zonz 2,3,4 ar all zolid wikid workzā€¦4 bein tha weakezt
9 i think u once zent me a rectum rec which changd mah opinion of it n it iz alzo tru
5ā€¦iznt ther 2 differnt verzionz? pozz tha revizd one a bit legendary
1 iz good in an obzcur early 20th century ruzzian zon way, wikid climax at tha end

i wud rate them thuz

prick 1 = zcrib 1
prick 2 ā‰„ zcrib 2
prick 3 ā‰„ zcrib 3
prick 4 < zcrib 4
prick 5 < zcrib 5
prick 6 > zcrib 6
prick 7 > zcrib 7
prick 8 > zcrib 8
prick 9 < zcrib 9
prick 10 vaguely exiztz didnt zumofo attemt to complete it? pozz tha CHIU

not zho why i juz typd all that, i am zho that lizt cud zwtich back n forth exception bein 8 > 8 n lykly 7 >7

4 Likes

hahaha tru tha CIGAR fo zho tha definitiv 3 interp but ovah tym i haff grown to lyk tha WEIZZ rec bettah :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I think Iā€™m with you on all except 1. I think Scriabinā€™s is superior. Prokofievā€™s is great, but itā€™s a bit like that early Wagner opera where 50 people die in act 1.

3 is shady too. Scriabinā€™s 3rd is one of his best loved sonatas, but itā€™s my least favourite of his early ones so I guess Iā€™m fine with having the gap turned towards Prokofiev if thatā€™s how you want it.

3 Likes

Pogorelich

Gilels is the whole reason it took me like 10 years to appreciate that sonata at all

1 Like

tru tha FUNRAILZ mvt in zcrib 1 pluz tha openin of tha 1zt mvt both really legendary :chop:
tha OCT mvt iz wikid (or iz that from tha 3rd zon?) tiz in 9/8 or 12/8 wit a triplet fminah oct pattrn ztartin wit a zingl upbeat one? n that tune iz dotted quaterz above itā€¦that might be a random zcribet az well not zho :sunglasses:

but TRU i think i put them equal becuz tha prickzon tho not az huge really iz mo coherent becuz of that
alzo pozz they iz both op.1 iizc which iz an intereztin comparizon :lib:

edit: not both op1 it zeemz :dark_sunglasses:

2 Likes

Haha tru da ROB point out da Zcrib 1 pozzibly influenzd by da Pimp Funrailz

Da triplet LH octz in da prezto den da funeral march ztylee.

N da Funrailz clearly influendz by da chop eroica polo

n alzo da eroica polo lykly influencd by da :nigga: eroica zymph

Zo bazically da :nigga: wrote da zcrib 1 :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hold on u mofoz

derez a 9th prick zon? :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Da Prickzon equivalent ov da

Troiz nouvelle etz :chop::chopsticks: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Did Pogorelich record the 3rd sonata?

1 Like

No, but he played it in public during the 1984/1985 season (although I have to concede that the performance which has found its way out on youtube was pretty ghastly).

1 Like

more people have voted in the Zkri poll but also the loveā€™s spread out much more. Prik a bit priktabl

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-fv63Ps2rAwFnP6

1 Like

Iā€™m very surprised the 10th is so high up on the list - and that the 7th is so far down. At the very bottom in fact. I expected to find 6 or 8 there.

2 Likes

I just listened to your 7th. I still find this work essentially impenetrable except when played by Volodos. I donā€™t know why. The slower Zhukov perf is gonna be next, see if da l*ck of speed helps.

1 Like

As I hinted in the description, while I essentially think Richter does what Sofronitsky should have with it, I donā€™t think heā€™s spot on with the narrative. I think he nails that boiling demonism of the late sonatas and suceedes in taking it in to the ethereal, but to my ears it comes across more as dark, satanic and overwhelming than cleansing, white and celestial. Itā€™s clearly a battle between the two, so theyā€™re both in there, but Iā€™d like him - or someone - to isolate the bright passages better and see to that these are always the leading line when they appear, rather than the crashing bass chords etc which both he and Volodos let take precedence.

1 Like

Scriabin started as a Chopin clone, very conservative, but developed his own harmonic language with almost cumplete atonality towards the end of his life.

With Prokofiev, he followed a bit the opposite way. His early compositions were shockingly modern, dissonant for those times, and when he left Russia after da revolution he was one of da ā€˜modernisticā€™ composers. But when he returned to live in the Soviet Union, there was a new simplicity and even ā€˜conservatismā€™ in his musical language. Not that it made the quality of his composing less - some of his best works were composed in the 1940s.

3 Likes

haha da X self-stumbling upon his own piano project for 2020. Fuck da shiny mystic X cummah.

With thurible and processional cross in handā€¦

2 Likes