SCRIB vs PRICK sonataz

Da ztart ov Zcrib’z workz don’t zound exactly lyk Chop

I haf been liztenin to zum Liadov lately and I realize he zoundz a lot lyk early Zcrib too, wiz da quintupletz and rhythmz

Extremely influenced…tru, abzolute clone, no. Altho I know wut U iz meaning, I juz think dat zome ov da early workz are very worth playin

2 Likes

“Clone” was perhapz not da bezt choize ov wordz, but “heavily influenced by”…and yes, I love most early Scriabin works a lot despite the lack of a certain originality.
Liadov (the 88 workz I’ve heard) soundz like a mixture of Chopin and early Scrib to me…

2 Likes
2 Likes

3:20 in da op39 vid, dat prel iz an abzolute fury CLAZZIC

Anotha angle at a different venue.

2 Likes

If you’d organoze a poll where da membahz would be forced to chooze between da muzic of Scrib and Prok I’d chooze da latter, honestly.
As much as I love Scrib and his pianoworkz, there seems to me a certain…onesidedness or limitation in his musical language and aesthetics. It’s like drinking a rare strong liquor - you wouldn’t want to do that every day, it’s only for certain occasions. If you would do it too often, it’d become nauseating.
Prokofiev is more universal as a composer, so it seems to me. He wrote masterpieces in all genres, from 88 to opera and ballet. His best melodies have a Zart-like quality. His musical content has more dimensions for me, even if there are also less inspired works like the 9th Sonata or some stuff that he wrote in his French period.

4 Likes

I think Prokofiev is the greater one between the two as well.

But Scriabin is - at least to me, today - the more compelling of the two. Prokofiev is out of fashion somehow, as with Rachmaninoff I haven’t listened to him much this entire decade. I also don’t think we have pianists suitable to play him at the moment, while I think the style of the day works great for Scriabin.

3 Likes

Haha I can c yo point 88 but I wud very ztrongly argue dat it dependz upon hiz period

in da 3rd 4th 5th zonata period evolution wuz zo rapid dat he didn’t compoze nearly enough in diz ztyle fo my liking

I ztill enjoy inzane late Zcrib but hiz middle period didnt lazt anywhere near long enough

Alzo one zimple general difference between Zcrib n Prick iz

Zcrib mo pedal - Prick lezz pedal :lib:

1 Like

Tru.
Da Scythian Suite (his answer to RoS), 2nd, 3rd symphony, 2nd PC even all hard hitters for the time.
He tamed himself in part after the denunciation meetings, partly to find a new simplicity in his language after even he said he didn’t know what the 2nd symphony was all about.

3 Likes

Tru, mostly because Liadov was a member of the Belaieff circle (as was Scriabin), and it was da Liadov compos which influenced young Scrib

2 Likes

Da Comme should listen to Vision Fugitives and Sarcasms

3 Likes

I will say DIZ, right now. I know it’s cool for a lot of writers over the decades to allude da scrib zound Az othahworldy and therefore LSD

But

Dat iz not my experience AT ALL

Da zcrib provide zum gensui window into zumthin else…TRU

But when I’m uzin diz zheeyat I’m trying to feel mo human than usual

And dat iz where I prefer da PRICK…da uttah savagery of da wreck of WWII fo example

Becuz zumtym I need to think about dat sheeyat and git scared or cry

5 Likes

Haha pozzzibly I vil edit dat Az DIZ particulah evening wind down

1 Like

DAYUM da VOL entah nu yrz eve 2 dayz earliah den da rezt of uz

REZPEC :icon_stopw_sdc_473: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

:icon_stopw_sdc_473:

Source: you :kan: fuckin imagine

2 Likes

If I need to abzoluty SWOON, whilzt high:

But on da othah hand be reminded about da abzolute violence of oa all: