Welcum back: da Comme n da Zepp! Da SDC foundin fatha thread

youtube.com/watch?v=ZFvdpE3YUfM

‘This town’s like a great big pussy just waiting to get fucked’

Tony Montana encapsulates it perfectly.

The way Tony sees Miami - is the way I see da 88 :bar:

Hahaha clazzic :comme: :comme:

Da SDC jus got a blast ov fresh air truuuu

And tru, Miami is WIKID

That really is the case. I first joined this forum in 2006 but pretty much turned around in the doorstep because of the lingo - something I regret today. The SDC is really the only place I’m aware of where people of my own age who are every bit as passionate about the piano as I am reside. And indeed, today it’s really the only place I’m aware of where people who are genuinly interested discuss art music at all.

Same here, saw da forum like 5 years ago but couldn’t undahstsand sheeeyat.
2 bad, am ehre now tho.

Also, a warm welcome to the returning father!

I don’t know who said it, but it was something along the lines of Pianostreet “dumb people acting smart”
SDC “smart people acting dumb”

Might be a bit arrogant or whatever, but it was true.

Hehe yes. I don’t know Pianostreet but I agree on SDC. Many of the past threads I’ve looked through here have been hilarious - and it takes intelligence to be that dumb.

It was Brendan, who ironically has gone back to pianoworld (possibly the worst of all the pianoforums).

I stayed at 88ztreet for a while (mostly for thalberg/pianissistimo/Hinty CG)
but the constant which etude is the hardest thread and some absolute nobheads pissed me off. Glad this place is back in business.

the only reason I didn’t sign up many years ago is because I looked at the forums and thought, ‘Not interesting’, without knowing about the login-required Recordings folder. Damn. Well it taught me to explore a lot more.

I honestly haven’t even visited pianostreet since 2007.
I was mostly annoyed by pianistimo who could turn a which etude is hardest thread into one about jesus.
I still remember Rob’s classic “you guys love JC too much” thread.

I haven’t heard of any of these forums :mrgreen:
I’ve had such a mountain of private correspondence going on with piano ever since I was in my mid teens that I guess I’ve had my fun there instead.

Pianostreet, pianoworld and tbh chopinfiles were great to discover back when I got into classical music/piano when I was like 15. They’re just too… casual now

Let’s just hope this forum keeps getting paid for. Every time I log in I fear the domain for sale or whatever message

And also, I’m having the hardest time with my English vocab, I’m really not on that many English speaking forums or websites anymore :smiley:

Yeah man, da mart is a fucking legend for paying da server fees every month.

Can testify da 88streeeyat is still uttah sheeyat, it’s actually vomit inducing at times.
I’m 100% done with dat place

I’m having the same issue and I’m a native English speaker.
Oftentimes I’ll read through my messages and see all these mistakes, and posting from mobile most of the time doesn’t help, but I hate to see the “message edited” line so I just leave them as is.

If da mart decides he doesn’t wanna keep paying for the site, I’m sure that others would, myself included.

It always impressed me how adaptable non-native english speakers were with SDC lingo.

I remember when there was actually a filter imposed on this forum which automatically changed the to da etc.

Rusnak to OMGIJUSTFARTED was a standout.

I remember da “wetpussy” hahaha.

We need to bring da filter back tru 8)

Nah, let it be up to the individual to decide what level of “mofo” they use.
There are still filters for slow and music for example.

Slow music ?

Hahahahaha I see it 8)

Yes, especially da Mart whose English back on the chopinfiles was not very good “virtuosity is not geniusness in itself” but he adapted so well to da SDC lingo.
Not a filter, but I still remember “da Egyptian River” Ed, which is a phrase I still use in my day to day conversations haha
Wonder what happened to that mofo, randomly.

Just checked, apparently he’s in Glasgow now:
edwardcohen.co.uk/